Chapter Six: My Best Friends Awesome Partners

“Hey! Stay away from my sister!” a voice thundered.

            Immediately, Ian stopped leaning to me and we both turned to see who it was. Who would have guessed? It’s my annoying brother and Suzanne.

            “Vince, you asshole, why are you here?!” I practically shouted. Ian was about to kiss me! I know it! Vince always messes everything up!

            I slapped my face mentally. You stupid Victoria! Its good thing he’s here! What if he didn’t and Ian would have kissed you and that will ruin your friendship with him. Stupid!

            “We were wondering why you were so long,” Suzanne answered, her brows stitching up together.

            “How did you know where I live?” Ian asked.

            Vince snorted. “I’m your coach. I have all your records.”

            I took a deep angry breath and then my gaze went down to Vince’s hands enveloping on Suzanne’s. I raised an eyebrow. Hmm, are they together? I put the thought aside. Vince is still with Ms. Gregg and Suzanne is with that jerk, Denim. Maybe they thought they really are for each other?

            Suzanne caught where my gaze was staying and immediately pushed Vince’s away from her. Vince didn’t look up but his expression changed. He looked a little bit disappointed.

            “How did you get here?” I asked. “It’s still raining and your car broke down.”

            “Took a cab,” Vince replied then searched the room. “Where’s Miranda? Are you guys alone here?” Then he looked at me sternly. “Victoria, were you using protection? I want to have a nephew or a niece but not when you’re still seventeen—.”

            “What the hell, Vince? I wasn’t having sex with him! You know I don’t!” I glared at Vince. He’s such a dirty-minded guy.

            He just gave me a stupid grin. “Sorry, little sister. I was just thinking of your safety.” Then he looked at Ian and frowned. “So… where’s your brother? I thought you’re living with him.”

            “Yeah. He’s out with Miranda now.”

            Suzanne rolled her eyes. “Obviously—knowing Miranda.” Then she looked at me and raised her eyebrow impatiently. “Victoria, aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?”

            “Sorry, Suzanne,” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. “Ian, this is Suzanne Rodriguez. She’s one of my best friends. Suzanne, this is Ian Jones. He’s… a friend.”

            “A friend?” Ian repeated, grinning.          

            “What do you want me to call you? My student?”

            Vince cleared his throat. “Do you have anything to serve your guest, Jones? That’s not really polite.”

            Ian rolled his eyes at Vince. “Hey, I didn’t invite you to come over.”

            Vince grinned. “Just give us something.”

            “There’s some food at the kitchen. Just pick everything you want.”

            “On it,” Suzanne said, grinning like crazy. She’s a food addict, but she manages not to get fat. She’s one of those lucky girls who eats a lot but doesn’t get fat. Yes, I know. I’m envious.