Chapter Twelve: I'm In A Freaking Play... The Heck?

“You sure you’re not going to stay for dinner, Ian?” my brother called out to him. “It’s pretty late.”

            Ian smiled and shook his head. “Nah, I’m good. I’ll just stop for a pizza on the way home,” he said. Then he turned to me and squeezed my hand reassuringly. “You okay now?”

            I managed a smile and nodded. “Yeah, I’m good. You better go, Ian. It’s almost ten and there’s still class tomorrow.”

            He sighed and stood up, letting go of my hand. Immediately, it felt cold and I suddenly craved his touch. He smiled at me one last time. “Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow, Victoria. Good night.”

            “Good night, Ian.”

            He turned to my brother and nodded in a farewell. Vince gave him a small smile and ushered him to the front door. After a few minutes, Vince came back and sat beside me on the living room.

            After the Lance incident, Ian stayed with me the whole time at my room. We talked about a lot of things… His life in London, my life before Lance broke my heart… I feel so calm and peaceful when I see him. And just seeing those stunningly grey eyes of his makes me relax.

            There’s something about Ian’s aura that made me so comfortable with him. I guess it’s a good thing… isn’t it?

            I just sighed, shaking my head as if clearing my thoughts inside. “What do you think about Lance earlier?”

            “I want to kill him,” Vince said simply. “He showed up after a month? What is wrong with that guy?”

            “I seriously don’t know. But I hope I know.”

            He sighed. “You know, Victoria, when he asked you to take him back, for a minute there I thought you’re going to say yes. Your face was torn apart, as if you were debating inside your head whether to say yes or no.”

            “I almost wanted to say yes,” I admitted quietly.

            “I can’t blame you if you do. I know you still love him. I still even love Diane even she broke my heart.”

            “That makes the two of us,” I said, smiling a little bit. I yawned and covered my mouth with the back of my hand. “I better go and sleep. There’s still school tomorrow.”

            Vince nodded and the both of us stood up. “Okay. Good night, Victoria.”

            “Night, Vince.” I walked to my room without another word and my sleep was haunted by dreams of Lance…

            “God, Victoria, you look horrible,” Miranda said, raising an eyebrow at me as I sat beside Suzanne and across Miranda. “Did you sleep last night?”

            “I know I look horrible. Don’t make any comments,” I said quietly, my eyes drooping. I suppressed a yawn as I put down my bag and began to eat. It was the next day and I was eating lunch with Suzanne and Miranda. “I can’t sleep last night.”

            “You don’t say?” Suzanne said, mirroring Miranda’s expression.

            I sighed. “I was having dreams about Lance and all those crap. I know, I know. I must be over him. But, hell… what he did yesterday made me remember those nightmares.”