The Answered Question

Narrator P.OV (written by my friend, Samantha)

(A week later)

It had been a week, since Kili had shot Thorin is his backside but something else bothered Thorin. His little nephew Fili had asked what had happened to his grandfather, Thorin's father. Thorin had told him that his father had died in battle with his grandfather, the King. But Thorin felt awful for lying to his innocent nephew, so he decided to tell Fili the truth.

*****

When Thorin found Fili, he was playing with his wooden sword and when he saw Thorin he beamed.
'Uncle Thorin!' He shouted and ran towards his uncle, dropping his sword. He hugged Thorin with almost enough force to push Thorin over.
'Fili,' Thorin greeted looking at Fili's big goofy smile,' I lied to you and I'm sorry.'

Fili frowned and asked,' why? When did you lie to me?'
'About your grandfather, he didn't die in battle.'
'But... what happened to him?'
'He was very sad and suddenly disappeared, no one knows where he is. But he could still be alive,' Thorin explained.
'We could find my grandfather. We could go looking...,' Fili's voice trailed off.
'Maybe,' Thorin solemnly added.
'Are you sad?'
'Yes.'

'Let's play a game,' Fili suggested. Thorin raised his eyebrow at his young nephew.
'We can play chasey, your it!' Fili squealed.
'Okay,' Thorin smiled and began to count. Fili ran away and Thorin was soon after him. Thorin chased Fili across the hills and towards the stream. Thorin was running slowly but he sped up when he heard Fili cry out. He reached the stream to see Fili siting on a rock crying, he had blood on his knee and running down from his forehead. Thorin raced over and picked Fili up.
'Uncle Thorin,' Fili cried,' I tripped over and hurt my leg.'
Fili was obviously unaware of the blood running down from his forehead.
'Shh....I'll carry you home,' Thorin whispered.

When the boys returned home, Dis nearly had a panic attack at the sight of Fili. She ordered Thorin to put him on the couch and she tended to his wounds.
'I'm alright, mummy,' Fili whispered.
'Thorin, what happened?' Dis franticly asked.
'He was just trying to cheer me up.'

- naw! Don't you think that was cute! Sam is really happy that so many of you like this and I am to. We will keep the updates coming!
Vote and comment, please, I can't wait for the next story!