Rainy Day

Narrator's P.o.v, written by Sam
(A month later)

Fili was siting in front of the window, looking out of the rain. He was very upset, his mother had forbid him to play in the rain. She said that he would catch a cold. His uncle Thorin was working at the blacksmith's. His little brother, Kili was practicing braiding with their mother and Fili was lonely.

An idea flashed through Fili's mind. Why not visit uncle Thorin in the blacksmith's shed? His mother had said no playing in the rain but visiting uncle Thorin wasn't playing. He was going to be a big boy. Fili grabbed his little brown cloak and sat down to put his small brown socks, that his mother had knitted, on. Fili put his warm feet into his boots and ever so quietly opened the front door. He stepped outside and closed the door with a soft thud.

Outside it was rainy and cold but Fili continued walking towards the blacksmith's shed. On his way he bumped into a scary man.
'Here in this storm, is no place for a child,' his voice crackled.
'I am a big boy!' Fili protested and continued on his way towards the blacksmith's shed. The muddy path he was on came to stone pathway. Fili nearly fell over on the muddy surface and was grateful for the stone path. He could here the bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, hiss.

Fili peaked past the door and saw his uncle hammering a chunk of metal. Thorin had burns on his hands and sweat on his face.

'Uncle!' Fili cried and ran over to Thorin. Thorin dropped the metal he was hammering and picked up Fili.
'What are you doing here Fili?' He asked.
'I'm being a big boy!'
'You are a big boy,' Thorin stated,' but does your mother know your here.'
Fili shook his head.
'I thought so.'

Fili was shaking and Thorin picked him up.
'Let's get you home, big boy.'
Fili hugged Thorin tightly. Thorin smiled and tried to shelter his nephew as they walked home. When they arrived home, Dis nearly had a fit.
'FILI, HOW COULD YOU GO TO THE BLACKSMITH'S SHED. YOU NEARLY GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK. YOU JUST DISAPPEARED. I WAS SO WORRIED. NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!' Dis shouted. Poor Fili blocked his ears at his mothers shouting.
'I thought he was very brave coming alone,' Thorin protested.
'BRAVE? Don't get me started with you, Thorin. Fili, go to bed! Thorin, your not getting any dinner,' Dis stated.
'But...,' Thorin began.
'You may be the heir to Erebor but you're my brother. If your not careful I will send you to bed soon. Is that clear!'
'Yes, Dis,' Thorin sighed.

*****

'Uncle, why did mother get so angry?'
'She get's worried when you disappear. She has lost her home, her parents, her husband. You and your brother Kili are the only people she has left,' Thorin explained.
'She has you too,' Fili explained.
'I am an heir to a kingdom, Fili. I am a Durin and I am the last of my line. There are things out there, that will do anything to destroy the line of Durin.'
'What about me, am I not a Durin?' Fili innocently asked.
'You are of my blood but you have your fathers name. One day in the future Fili...one day you will be a king.'

- Naw, Fili! So cute!
If you like it, please vote and comment!
Stay awesome!