Recovering

Narrator's P.O.V

Thorin stayed by his nephew's side for two days and two nights, not sleeping or resting once. Dis came and went and so did Kili. Kili had curled up next to his week brother and fallen asleep. Even though Dis had been touched deeply, she had to remove him because Fili needed constant treatment and it could be dangerous if Kili was in the way. The healer had laid cold cloths on Fili's forehead to help cure the fever that had started from the infected wound. Fili had woken once or twice but shortly fallen back into his week sleeping form.

'Fili,' Thorin had said one night,' I swear that I will protect you, if it is the last thing I do. I pray to Mahal that you will recover, even if you never walk again, I will stay by your side and one day reclaim a kingdom that will be yours.'
Tears dripped down Thorin's face, through his short beard and slashed onto the wooden floor underneath him.

*****

Back at home, Dis was tiding up when someone knocked on the door. She opened it, to find a small girl wrapped in a blue woollen blanket. She picked the bundle up and read the note that was attached.

"Her father couldn't careless,
Her mother died in childbirth,
All other family was heartless,
So the child was abandoned."

-Please raise her as your own-
-Or leave her to freeze to death-

'Oh...you poor child,' Dis cried and hugged the shivering baby. She opened the door and walked in placing the baby near the fire. She warmed up some cows milk and placed it on her lips. After the baby was fed, she walked towards Fili, Thorin and the healer, carrying the baby.

*****

When Thorin first saw the baby he was confused and well....shocked. Then Dis explained how she had found the child on the doorstep and showed him the note, so he could read it.
'Well...I guess it gives someone that Fili and Kili can play with. What would you tell her and everyone else?' He asked.
'I wouldn't tell her until she is older enough to understand. Fili can know the truth and when Kili reaches Fili's age, he can know too but to everyone else, except perhaps a few trusted friends, her mother was a friend of mine and died in childbirth and her father was killed my goblins,' Dis explained.
'You realise once you tell her the truth, she could turn against you,' he pointed out.
'I know but it's better then her to feel unwanted through her childhood,' she added.
Thorin nodded,' what will you name her?'
'Mili,' Dis smiled.
'Well, Mili,' Thorin said holding Mili in his arms,' this is your older brother Fili.'
And somehow, Thorin could have sworn that he slightly smiled in his sleep.

-If you like the story and want more, vote and comment! If you can't wait for another cute little story, go check out Little Legolas Stories and Legolas' Birth story!
I hope you liked it! Bye
~Sam