The Game

Fili and Kili raced to their bedroom and started to unpack their wooden toys.

'I am the King of E-ere-ere,' Kili stuttered.

'Erebor,' Fili smiled.

'I am the King of Erebor,' he roared running around the bedroom holding a wooden dwarf figure.

'And I am the might, terrifying Smaug!' Fili shouted grabbing the wooden dragon which had been painted red. Fili chased his little brother around the room. Kili ran into the kitchen and nearly tripped over Dis who was adding pepper to a pot of tomato soup. He sped past baby Mili who was rolling around on the floor. Fili followed.

'Roar.' He howled as he chased his younger brother. Kili panicked and ran faster, his hands fumbled with the door handle as he tried to open it. Luckily, the door swung open and he ran out. His little boots splashed in the mud. Fili slammed the door behind him as he followed his younger brother.

'Fili! Don't slam the door,' Dis called out but Fili ignored her as he focused on his brother. Kili bolted further into the town, Fili close on his tail. They ran into the market square where men traded their precious livestock and valuables. An elderly man walked towards the woodcutters store when two small figures knocked him over. He splashed into the mud.

'Bloody dwarves,' he shouted behind them. Fili looked back and gave an apologetic nod before continuing on the chase. He was catching up to his small brother and leaped onto him. Both boys toppled over into the mud. Kili landed on his knees while Fili face planted. Fili lifted his head and it was covered in thick, gooey, brown mud. Kili brushed the mud off his knees and then saw his brother.

'Hahaha...,' he laughed before grabbing a handful of mud and throwing it at his brother. The mud splashed into Fili's chest and covered the woollen jumper he was wearing. Fili's face became a bright red.

'Kili!' He roared, lunging towards him. Kili jumped away, causing Fili to splash into more mud. He was now steaming with rage. Kili bolted and Fili sprinted.

Any person watching the boys would now only see two brown figures. The clothes Dis had made for them were ruined with mud. Fili was catching up to Kili as they looped around the market place heading back to their house. Kili was puffing and almost collapsed of exhaustion but he would not let his brother catch him.

(Meanwhile)

'That soup smells delicious,' Thorin commented.

'Really?'

'Yes, Dis. Is it ready?'

'Yep,' Dis smiled grabbing some bowls,' can you find those nephews of yours?'

'Sure,' Thorin responded walking past his sister and stroking baby Mili's cheeks,' hello Mili.'

Thorin opened the front door and looked around for the dwarf brothers.

'Fili? Kili?' He shouted. And then his mouth dropped open. Running towards the house were two figures completely covered in mud.

'No. They wouldn't. Would they?' He asked himself quietly. The taller of the two figures who had the most mud jumped onto the smaller one. They both tumbled down in front of him. They looked up to see their uncle in shock.

'Uncle Forin?' Kili mumbled.

'Sorry uncle. We can explain,' Fili muttered, still holding the wooden dragon which was now stained brown.

'Don't explain it to me. Explain it to your mother.' They nodded nervously and walked into the kitchen. Poor Dis nearly had a heart attack when she was the mud and baby Mili let out a wail.

'That's it. You two, bath time.'

'No,' Fili and Kili cried. The dreaded time had come.

A/N: Thanks for reading. Sorry that it took so long to write. Madi, could you please edit this and yeah, feel free to comment and vote :)

.•°•. Madi here .•°•.

I have edited if for you.

[Edit 2016] sorry for all of you who want more stories, we've finished writing these. Hope you enjoyed. Ciao.