Fili's First Fight

(Narrator's P.O.V)

(A week later)

Fili was sitting outside in the sunny weather. His beard had began to grow, well honestly a couple of hairs on his chin had began to grow. He was wearing a small black cloak and he was fiddling with a small wooden dwarf soldier. He could imagine his father as a brave soldier, smashing down orcs on the battlefield of Moria. Fili didn't want to upset his mother by asking how his father died, so he was going to ask Thorin.

'Fili!' Someone called, Fili looked up to see Droy and his young brother, Troy coming towards him. He gulped as he looked up to Droy, who loomed above him.

'Yes,' he mumbled nervously.

'Do you want to come over, we're having a boys only party? Come on, Fili, you have to come,' he smirked.

'I'll ask mum,' Fili replied.

'You want to ask your mummy,' Droy mocked,' and I thought you were pretty cool. Come on, Troy. Let's invite someone who isn't a baby.'

Fili was very upset, he didn't want everyone to think that he was a baby. But he was worried after last time when his mum yelled at him. As he watched Droy walked away, he knew he had to do this. He had to go with them. He promised himself that he would be home before anyone would miss him.

'Droy, I'll come,' he called out.

'What do you think brother? Should we let him,' Droy asked his brother. Troy looked nervous and nodded.

'Thank you,' Fili smiled and followed the boys.

*****

Five other dwarf boys joined up with them and they made their way towards the caves. Fili was nervous, the caves looked scary and unsafe. He wished he had never come. Suddenly a screech echoed through the caves.

'Goblins!' Droy yelled and bolted off, the other five boys followed, sprinting out of the caves. Troy followed too but tripped on a rock, he had cut himself badly on his head. Blood ran down his face from his black hair, his blue eyes widened with fear. Fili ran over and tried to help him. Both boys winced as they heard the screeching getting louder.

The goblins were getting closer.

*****

Back at the house, Thorin had just returned home from the blacksmith's for a lunch break. Dis ran to him.

'Thorin! Have you seen Fili?' Dis franticly shouted.

'No,' he replied.

'He's gone missing,' Dis explained. Thorin looked afraid. Abruptly, Droy ran past the house with five other boys.

'I'll ask them,' Thorin added. Dis nodded.

'Droy,' he called. Droy turned around and gasped as Thorin came towards him.

'My king, how can I help you?' Droy politely asked.

'Do you know where Fili is?'

'Ummm...well,' Droy began.

'Where is he,' Thorin shouted.

'We went up to the caves to have a party and Goblins came, so we ran and Fili and my little brother Troy disappeared.'

Thorin's face turned white,' oh...no.'

He ran towards the house and grabbed his sword. He ran towards the caves in search of his nephew.

*****

Meanwhile, Fili was trying to help Troy walk towards a huge rock, where they could hide.

'Fili, are we going to die?' He asked in a weak voice.

'No..., I won't give up,' Fili replied. The goblins were coming closer and soon Fili could see their scrunched up faces smelling the air. Fili knew that they were going to smell the blood dripping from Troy's head. They turned towards the boys and started to laugh. They drew their blades and came charging towards them. Fili grabbed a rock and through it at the first goblin. The goblin feel down but got back up again. He ducked a goblin's blade coming towards him. It jammed in the rock above him and he pulled the blade out. Fili had only ever practiced playing with a wooden sword not a real one. The blade was heavy and Fili found it hard to move. Another goblin charged at him and Fili blocked the blow. The other blade whizzed around and sliced his cheek. The goblins surrounded him and he knew that Troy and him were going to die. A large part of Fili said to run away. But he knew Troy would die and then the goblins would kill him. If he had to die, he would die fighting like his father. He gripped the blade and positioned it for the goblins running towards him. He could hear Troy's crying and was determined to fight these ugly creatures.

As small as Fili was, he was the nephew of a king.