Kili's Song

Narrators P.O.V (Written by Madi)

'Hey Uncle!' Fili shouted, his messy blonde hair covering his face. He was extremely hyper from having a sugary treat after lunch, so hyper that he ran around the house for half an hour. Unfortunately because Fili was older than Kili, little Kili copied him. It was a house of headaches.

'Yes, Fili?' Thorin sighed, looking towards Fili, slouched in his chair.

'Great Grandpa was so old that his farts could have killed Smaug!' Fili cackled, he was under the influence of sugar, the drug to all children.

Thorin's eyes widened in shock and his mouth fell to the floor. How could Fili ever say something that offensive? Thorin stood up and felt his anger rising. It wasn't his fault that Erebor was lost, it was the Elvenking's fault, that stuck up little Orc!

Fili immediately backed down, realising that he shouldn't insult Thorin or any of his grandparents.

'Go. To. Your. Room.' He hissed between his teeth. Fili started to tear up, he never liked to get into trouble. The excitement from the sugar was gone, dead.

'Go. To. Your. Room.' Thorin repeated to Fili, who was standing as still as a statue. He started to shuffle towards his room with his head hanging low. He entered his room and shut the door. He wanted to say he was sorry to Uncle Thorin, but that wouldn't make anything better.

He trudged towards his bed and plonked himself onto it. Then came a knock at the door and a little voice followed.

'Fili,' Kili said, and then knocked again.

'Do you want to go and kill Smaug?

Come one lets go away.

I know that Thorin is hard on you,

But I am here for you.

It'll be fun to go away.' He sang.

'We've always had fun,

Even when were mad.

I wish you would understand.

Do you want to go and kill Smaug?' He continued, then pressed his mouth against the keyhole.

'It doesn't even have to be real.' He managed to mutter.

'Go away Kili,' Fili cried. He was really upset that he had offended Thorin. He could hear Kili slide off the door and mutter:

'Ok, bye,' he said sadly whilst walking away. Fili stayed on his bed thinking of ways to punish himself for what he had said to Thorin. He felt so silly for saying something to hurtful to someone he loved and admired so much.

An idea struck Fili and he ran to the dresser on the other side of the room. He threw the draw open to reveal some parchment, ink and quills. He would write an apology letter to Thorin and tell him how he didn't mean it and how much he loved him.

Fili heard Kili shuffle towards the door again and then more knocking.

'Do you want to go and kill Smaug?

And take Uncles mountain back?

So when the time is right,

We must avenge, our Uncle's throne!

(And the Akren stone)' he muttered.

'He's getting a little lonely,

All his empty rooms.

They're seriously lacking gold.' Kili paused, hoping for a response, but he didn't get one from Fili, who was trying to write his letter in his best dwarfish runes. Kili started to get quite upset. His brother was ignoring him and he felt lonely.

'Fili,' he knocked again, but slowly.

'Please, I know you're in there,

I'm just asking what you did,

Uncle isn't mad at you, I'm just trying to get you glad.

I'm right out here for you, just let me in.' His voice was sad and slow but full of meaning.

'Sometimes we've only got each other,

One day it'll only be you and me.

What are we going to do?' He paused and felt the sadness welling up into his eyes.

'Do you want to go and kill Smaug?' He said for the final time. Fili had been listening and he fully understood his brother. So he got up and opened the door to reveal a sad little shaggy haired dwarf, with tears gleaming in his big brown eyes and hope for a hug.

Fili lunged forward and hugged him tightly.

'I love you so much,' he whispered.

'I wuv you too,' Kili replied. Fili held Kili by his shoulders and gave him a meaningful look.

'We will take back Uncle Thorin's mountain, as long as we stay together,' he said slowly, smiling but feeling both Thorin and Kili's pain.

'Always,' Kili replied.

-I know, total do you wanna buil a snowman rip off, but hey, I made it up myself and I thought it was cute. I hope you like it, leave a vote and comment, don't forget to follow! Thanks a ton and woo hoo we got 3k reads! So thanks another ton!

Ps. Sam, I'm sorry that I just randomly published it but I had to do it while the idea was fresh. But hey, I hope you like it too!