Chapter 22

My eyes fluttered open. Groaning I attempted to sit up, but something tight was wrapped around my waste. Suddenly all the memories from last night flooded into my head. I suddenly groaned. It's my birthday, I've always hated my birthday. I just layed back down cradeling into my favorite pineapple head's arms. Sighing I shut my eyes and drifted off into sleep again.

I woke up again, this time I didn't feel anyone next to me. I groaned hearing voices downstairs. I walked down the stairs to see all of my friends and "family." I was so confused and just looked at the people dumbfounded as they yelled suprise. "Huh?" Was all I could say. "It's your birthday so we decided to throw you a suprise party! Believe it!" Naruto yelled. "Oh Ok" I replied. Im still tired so my brain isn't working very well. Everyone sweatdropped and I just stood there. "Come on Kiyoko stop being so tired" Shikimaru said. I glaredat him. "Because you're just so awake and productive all the time" I replied smiling. "I know right!" He enthusiastically said. I just tsked and walked over to Kakashi. "Happy Birthday Kiyoko!" He said not looking up the book he was reading. "Thanks, why do you all of a sudden decide to throw me a big party?" I ask pulling one of "back up books" from his pouch. "You've changed and grown so much over the past year I felt like you deserved it." He said, once again, not bothering to look up from his book. I smiled widely and just kept reading.

After an hour of talking to people and stuffing my face with snack foods Kakashi said I should open presents. I nodded and sat down. He said he would just hand me the presents. I hadn't seemed to notice before, but there was a mountain of boxes in the corner of the room. "Everyone you know from the village brought you a gift" Shikimaru said sitting down next to me. "Cool Kakashi and The Hokage are the only ones to give me stuff" I said smiling slightly. Shikimaru had a smirk on his face and just slouched into his seat.
My phone keyboard just started laging is the best way to describe it so sorry if the next paragraph is slightly messy or punctuation is wrong!
Kakashi handed me the first present and I quickly unwrapped it knowing what it was. "OH MY GOD KAKASHI I LOVE YOU!" I screamed. He had gotten me the new book I had been waiting to buy. He just chuckled and handed me another present. I read the tag. It was from Shikimaru. Opened it and saw a single Apple. My mind flashed back to the time he stole the Apple I was eating and kept taking bites. "Asshole" I smiled looking at Shikimaru and hugging him. "What a drag" he mumbled a slight pink tint on his cheeks. I laughed and opened the other presents.

The highlight were, a new set of kunai from Gramps, Naruto gave me a ramen card type thing for 5 bowls of free ramen, Shikimaru's Father had gotten me claw gloves, and Shikimaru had gotten me a present that he picked up late. It was a pillow with the words "Sweet Dreams" I genuinely shed a few tears.

Everyone hung out. There where, like usual, a few fights. Ino and Sakura ended up smashing at least 5 cupcakes each into each other's faces. I mostly sat next to Shikimaru. Like really close. Basically on his lap. I was still slightly shooken up about my dream the night before. I tried my best to ignore the erie feeling in the back of my head. I routinely talked, ate, sat down, danced, talked, ate, sat down, danced. It was a lot of fun. But all things must come to an end and everyone left. Kakashi basically shoved Shikimaru out of the door and I chuckled. Kakashi looked at me ans glared. It had been a long day so I went to my room to sleep. I got into bed and passed out.

I woke up the next morning to a knock on the door. I walked down stairs and opened the door to see Shikimaru. "My parents went on a mission ans ordered me to find someone to stay with so waddup" Shikimaru said quickly jumping onto the couch. "Whatever" I mumbled sitting down next to him. We had grown pretty close over the time we've spent hanging out. I snuggled up next to his arm as he picked up one of the many books on the floor and coffee table. I just smiled and fell asleep.

I yelped as I was pulled away from my heat source, and opened my eyes to see an aggravated Kakashi. "I won't allow you to sit that close to a boy" Kakashi said boldly. "Fuck off" I said smuggling back up to Shikimaru. "Yoko" Kakashi whined. He attempted to sound powerful, but failed. Shikimaru was trying his best not to burst out laughing, and Kakashi walked away, and back upstairs as I had a smirk on my face. I ended up sat on Shikimaru's lap as we read the book together. Kakashi came back down and made food yelling for usto come get breakfast. I jumped off Shikimaru and ran as fast as I could.

We all sat at the table. "So when are you leaving?" Kakashi asked Shikimaru, glaring. "Maybe a week?" Shikimaru said smirking at Kakashi. Said person looked very angry, but one look from me and stopped and looked down at his plate. Shikimaru smirked in victory, and I just chuckled. I got up from the table, washing all the dishes, and then I headed upstairs to get ready. I had asked pineapple head ifhe wanted to go on a mission and he agreed so yay! High ranking mission! I cheered as I got ready. Shikimaru was getting ready in the bathroom while I sat down on in the couch waiting. We got ready and headed to the Hokage's tower to get a mission.

I added in some slight Shikimaru love moments, not much though. My tooth is chipped so my tongue could get cut at any moment. It's great. Sorry for the long wait i've just been really depressed lately thanks for waiting though and thanks for getting this to 1k+ reads I really appreciate it. Thanks and good bye!