Chapter 26

Leaving the Hokages office after a stupidly long meeting Shikimaru, and I headed to Gaara's hotel. Arriving at our destination we walked in and up to the front desk. "Hello I'm so sorry, but we need a suite for 3 people set up immediately," I said mustering up all the kindness I could create. The man at the desk had a scowl on his face. "I'm sorry ma'am, but only The Hokage and other important nobels are allowed to request such a thing." He responded venom and fake kindness laced in his tone. I suddenly pulled out a scroll, broke the seal, and handed it to him. His eyes widened and he looked at me before going back to the scroll

Kiyoko (Black Rose) Hatake

Leader of the ANBU
Hokage's advisor
Member of the council
Storage rights
Hokage's library access
Konoha bank access
SS rank assassin
SS rank ninja

He suddenly stood up, bowed, and handed my scroll back to me. Shikimaru and Gaara gave me a questioning look and I simply tossed my scroll into their hands. "I'm so sorry for the rudeness I expressed earlier. A room will be ready in less than 10 minutes." The man stated. "Perfect." I said smiling widely.

We made our way up to the room set up for Gaara and his siblings and sat down. I leaned back in the bed spreading my arms out and sighing. Shikimaru walked over To me laughing and layed next to me. "When are you two gonna go out?" Gaara said bluntly. Shikimaru sputtered and I just sat up, a dark aura surrounding me. "Gaara." He shivered. "Don't." He chuckled at me and walked around the room seeing what it had to offer. I got up too following him around.

"SHIKIMARU THERE'S FREE SOAP!" I yelled shaking the building. He sat up frightened. "Oh... sorry. Did I wake you up?" I teased sticking my tongue out. "You're so troublesome," he muttered groggily. "Oh yeah, Shika shouldn't you be training?" I asked flopping on the bed once again. "Asuma thinks we should take a break before the final exam so we wouldn't be worn out." He shrugged. "Oh, that's stupid." Shikimaru sweatdropped before asking,"Why do you think that?" "Well anyone with common sense is aware that it can take more than 3 days to regain your energy after training for a long period of time." "Oh" was all he said. He pulled my book out the pouch that is on my waist and started to read. "Hey you can't do that!" I said sitting up and crawling up behind him to read.

After a few hours of reading we finally had to head home. "Wanna stay at my house?" Shikimaru asked me while we walked. "Hm sure gimme a few minutes to tell Kakashi." I flickered into the livingroom to see what I expected, Kakashi reading. "Hey Ashi I'm gonna spend the night at Shikimaru's feel free to invite Asuma or Iruka over," I said and flickered away quickly before he could protest.

We arrived at Shika's house and opened the doors. Immediately some kind of kitchen utensil was thrown at our heads. I ducked grabbing Shikimaru's shoulders. We stood back up and heard loud stomping aswell as,"SHIKIMARU YOU ARE LATE FOR DIN- Oh hello Kiyoko how are you?" I sweatdropped at her sudden mood change. "I am doing good! I didn't bother to ask for permission, but I am staying at your house tonight!" "Oh that's totally fine!" Shika's mom said happily winking at Shikimaru. I'm going to become dehydrated if she keeps making me sweatdrop like this. I look at Shika and je has a light blush in his cheeks. I simply chuckled and dragged him towards the Shogi board that has been in this house for years. I sat down reminiscing about the good days.

I was broken from my thoughts when I heard multiple gasps of shock. I looked around to see Shukaku (I don't even know if that's the right spelling so correct me please) standing there. "I know you can beat me, but Shikimaru!" He said completely dumbfounded. "Oh I won?" I asked looking down at the board. "Oh I did win! Yay!" I yelled happily smiling. Shikimaru sweatdropped and I just chuckled. Eventually getting bored I leaned back and let my thoughts drift.

Being 'awoken' by a sharp pain in my head was not my idea of fun, but this isn't my house. Shikimaru's mother had hit me on the head and told me dinner was ready before walking away. I stood up, with the help of Shika, and we made our way to the dinner table. After numerous awkward conversations that lead to nervous laighter and cringing everyone finally went to bed. Meaning everyone except me. I knocked Shikimaru out for the common reason that he has shit to do in the morning and simply sat with my thoughts once again.

I would have been happy to let him stay up and talk at any other time, but he needs rest. I sighed contently opening my book and reading. I don't know when I fell to sleep, but I definitely knew when I was hit in the head and the blinds were open. I groaned forcing myself to wake up. Looking around I noticed that I was asleep on the floor, where I was sleeping anyway, and Shika was gone, Asuma most likely wanted to have a team meeting and he let me be. I thought standing and walking to the breakfast table to get food.