Chapter 31

Trust me.

two years later

"You have to be joking." I chuckled angrily. "I'm not. I think it could be very fun for you." The hokage responded smiling. "You realize I would have to resign from being an anbu captain to do this stupid idea of a job for you?"

"Yes I do. But I feel that over the past year, when not focused on everything else, you have done an amazing job. But that also means you have checked all the boxes needed for this newest job."

"You've gone insane in your old age." I growled reaching out to grab my jounin vest and a list of names. "Congratulations Kiyoko Hatake. You are now the proud leader of team 15." Gramps smiled proudly and I continued to scowl. Another female ninja jumped in to say, "Is there even a team 15? I thought there was only 11 or something?" "This is why you aren't replacing me as anbu captain." I mumbled under my breath.

"Yes. There is. It's a team full of rookie ninja born from civilians. I decided Kiyoko would be perfect for the job. For 'special' reasons." He responded quickly before I actually got angry.

I glanced up to my great brother who stood next to Hokage reading his book. Just like the day I first became reunited with him. Thinking back on the memory I grabbed a kunai swiftly from the pouch on my leg and chucked it quickly at his face. Creating a small bloody scratch to form in his face. "I'm ashamed I thought mom said you where the useful one." I smirked looking his widened eye that slowly curved into that well known eye smile.

"Hm. From what I remember all mom ever did was get mad at me." He laughed lightly grabbing me and throwing me into his arms. "Trust me. Her anger for me was a bit worse."

It has become our biggest inside joke. Mom. It's hard to tell when she'll show up again, but the best way to cope is to laugh. And that's what me and Ashi have always been good at.

My smile faded slightly as I heard gramps cough in the background. "Kiyoko. I think it's time to meet your team. You're already late."

I stood and looked at Kakashi straight foward. He nodded slowly and I held out my palm while he extended his arm to hold out his fist. He opened his clenched hand to drop 2 bells into my open palms. I balled my hand up and smiled up at him.

"Good luck Yoko."

Were the last words I heard before disappearing in a twirl of rose petals. I stepped infront of Irukas classroom and opened the door stepping inside. I saw 3 children. Two angry the other with a beaming smile on his face.

I kept my face stoic as I spoke.

"My first impression of you? You're all idiots. Meet me on in the roof."

And that was the start of something new. Something pure. And something just fragile enough. To come crashing down.