t h i r t e e n

Stage one.

It suddenly became quiet in the room. While the boys were reading the book, Gahyeon kept staring at her phone, wide-eyed.

The girl felt nervous all of the sudden, shivering in fear. She didn't know whether to believe the texter or not, but there is only one thing she's sure about-- this is not the kind of subject to joke about.

No, it can't be. She thought, turning off her phone, not wanting to look at the creepy message again.

Jin noticed this, and quickly came up to her. He put his arm over the girl's shoulder, patting it too as she kept shivering slightly. "Gahyeon-ah, is something wrong?" He asked with a soft voice, calming the young girl a bit.

"I..." Gahyeon paused, feeling light-headed  as she tried to speak up. 

The others noticed this when they heard Jin's voice so they put down the book, leaving it on the table, as they run off to Gahyeon who was staring intently at her phone.

"C'mon speak up." Jin spoke once again.

"Give me the book..," Gahyeon said, still staring at her phone. "I need answers, and I need them now." 

The others looked at each other confused at what Gahyeon's behavior, but in the end they decided to get the book, and hand it to the girl.

Once Hoseok handed it to her, Gahyeon immediately flipped the pages of the book speedily scanning the book for important information.

~

"... I needed to lie to Gahyeon that her dad died because of an accident, hiding the truth that he was murdered by one of her sisters ..."

"... they have been haunting us since we brought Gahyeon to Busan..."

"... I always see them in my dreams..."

"... they were hungry for revenge..."

"... from my 3 years of investigation I learned that only 5-"

~

"Gahyeon!" Jungkook held the girl's hand, stopping her from reading the book any further as he saw her on the verge of crying. "Enough."

"But-"

"Let the hyungs do this... you're still not ready." Jungkook said in a very comforting voice, concern written in his eyes. While Gahyeon on the other hand, nodded in reply.

"Me and V hyung will escort you to your room. You just need to calm down for now, okay?" 

"Okay." Gahyeon replied, her voice cracking.

-----

• • G A H Y E O N • •

I was twiddling my fingers as I kept quiet in front of the guys. I really didn't want to talk. I didn't even have energy to talk especially when I knew that my sisters thought of me like that.

And I didn't even thought that they were capable to do these kind of things, as if my first mom possessed them. They were not the same caring sisters I knew from the start of my childhood. That's why I felt depressed, knowing that they all died the time I escaped. 

I waited for them for a long period of time that night. I didn't really slept that time because my tears just fell endlessly as I sat on the sidewalk, people giving me confused looks as they walk by. 

I thought that I have no one that time, but when I had new parents who adopted me I saw a new light. I had hope in my heart. I tried to live the life that my sisters didn't had the chance to continue. I thought that I was gonna be happy.

But no, the happiness disappeared quickly as i found it.

I shouldn't just have agreed to be adopted because if I didn't all the innocent people I know should have been alive right now, and I didn't made their lives a living hell.

It's all my fault... I should've just died. I don't deserve anything in this world. I am a just a mistake.

I felt a tear drop on my cheek as I kept quiet.

I heard Jungkook sigh before speaking. "Gahyeon, we can really help you if you could tell us what's wrong in the first place. I am not used to the quiet version of you."

I looked up at him, shaking my head slowly, not having the will to talk anymore. 

There was a moment of silence in the room. None of us even tried to talk, until Taehyung oppa decided to break the ice. 

"Gahyeon-ah... was it the text?" Taehyung oppa stared at me, not giving a slight expression. My eyes widened slightly as I looked at him.

"H-how?" I asked.

"I saw it a while ago. It's not my intention to snoop around your phone, okay? Please don't get any bad idea." He waving his hands in denial. "I just happened to look at your phone a while ago when I saw you got a notification."

"It's okay, oppa," I said sighing after. "It's just... it's too hard believe."

"Believe what?"

"Believe that my sisters actually wants revenge from me. T-they want to kill me." I said, pursing my lips. My mind is still trying to accept the truth, as my heart broke into pieces feeling rejected by reality.

"Wait, what? How?" Jungkook asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"I'll... let the book explain the situation. If I try, and tell it right now I think my body will not take it. Could you guys leave me alone for a second? I need time to think."

Both of them nodded as I gave them a half-hearted smile. They were about to leave my room but Jimin oppa came running through the door, surprising the three of us.

"I I have news!" He said, wide-eyed, panting in-between words.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked, patting Jimin's back.

"Gahyeon-ah..." He called for me, making me look at him. "One of your sisters is still alive."

I dropped my phone on my bed, as I stood up. "Wh-who?"

"It's-"

-----

boi i love cliffhangers

i'll let you guys guess ;) who do you think it is?

oy yeah, i almost forgot... for the purpose to tease y'all i will not update for a while even though i already started writing the next chapter *evil window cleaning laugh*