t w e n t y • e i g h t

• • Y O O H Y E O N • •  

Silence was spread throughout the room as if there was an angel that entered the room. But this time it was a devil and but she is in the body of the brown-haired boy who was standing in front of us.

I didn't really know how to react to this situation. I thought that I was ready no matter what could happen but I thought wrong. I wasn't ready at all, my body was afraid to move and my brain was too light to function.

I should have told them about what could happen earlier, so we could prevent all of this from happening.

Happy expressions from the people around me was made when they saw that Jimin was in a fine condition. I mentally pursed my lips because I wished that I could see what they are seeing right now.

All I see is a monster. A monster with dark and hollow eyes with a negative aura surrounding him.

I stayed at my place as if I was a statue watching the others happily go to Jimin as if they didn't see them for a year— all of them except Yoongi. He just stood and remained on his position, not even hinting that he was happy at all. I could see fear in his eyes as he stared at the boy like he was a monster.

"Yoongi hyung, are you not gonna greet Jimin?" Hoseok turned around and asked but Yoongi just stood there and look down the floor, it seems like he was mumbling something too. But other than approaching them, he just walked off and said. "He's not the Jimin I know," It was barely audible but I heard it from my position.

"Yoongi!" Jin shouted and looked upset at the younger's attitude, he was about to follow him as he walked off towards the door but I stopped him.

"Jin oppa... I'll handle this," I said, raising up my hand. He look unsure as I volunteered but he nodded anyway and gave me a chance.

So once he gave me a go-signal I immediately ran off, leaving all of them in the room to follow Yoongi before he could go off to somewhere I don't know.

When I walked outside, I turned my head to the right and saw Yoongi turning around the corner. So I followed him while I fasten up my pace. "Yoongi oppa!" I shouted, hoping for him to stop as I called out for his name. But as I turned around the corner it didn't even looked like he had a plan to do so.

Shit.

If I don't stop him now, he'll have the same situation as Jimin's. Only a negative emotion can be an entrance for a Dweller, like my sisters. So I must do something before our situation becomes worse.

"Please just stop!" I shouted louder, and this time he stopped and turned around.

"What is it?" He asked sternly as he looked frustrated, avoiding every possible eye contact with me.

"What did you see?" I asked, without hesitating.

"What do you mean? I don't understand you," He said, crossing hus arms.

I sighed deeply, his denial is worse than I thought. "You know what I'm talking about. It's about Jimin oppa... what did you see?"

"He j-just looked different. That's all."

"I'm repeating my question. What did you see?" I narrowed my eyes at him, making sure that I will get the answer I want. And because of his unusual actions, I can now be sure that he did see what I just saw a while ago.

He looked up to me, not having a single expression in his face. "Okay... I just happened to notice that he looked like a..." He slightly pursed his lips, trying to speak out his mind. "... a monster... if I should say." He said, his expression getting sadder.

I nodded my head. "Same," I replied, making him widen his eyes. I mentally chuckled at the thought. "I discovered that I had this kind of ability since childhood. It can only be triggered by a traumatic experience."

"So I'm not crazy?"

I shrugged my shoulders in reply, with a small grin creeping on my face. "Nope. But if you are, then so what if you're crazy? All the best people are." I said, completely smiling this time.

"But... how did I trigger this kind of ability then?"

"You will know it in the future, it will be hard to know what it is for now because the reason always comes deep from the heart. I know it may sound cliche, but it is true no matter what happens. This kind of ability is not gifted to just anyone, it is given for a reason. So we need to use it for good purposes only."

"Wait... so it can be used for bad things too? But how?"

"It's best if we don't know it. To be honest, even I don't know what this ability can do. All I know that it could be dangerous in many ways."

I saw the boy in front of me gulp. I can sense the pressure he is feeling right now because I went through that kind of pressure in the past. It is something I didn't like but needed to move on to.

"Then... can you explain why I saw Jimin is like that?"

I nodded. "Actually the person you saw a while ago is not the real Jimin. The real him may already facing the consequences of being a Lost Soul at the fourth stage. The one you saw a while ago was the Dweller that had already possessed his body. But if we don't stop it, the real Jimin will disappear or worse... he'll be forgotten from this world and live forever as a Lost Soul."

"We need to tell the others!" Yoongi said, passing by me but I grabbed his arm, looking at him seriously.

"Don't."

"But why? If we don-"

"Do you want to let Jimin oppa suffer forever?" I asked, cutting him off.

"No..."

"Then keep this a secret. We can never share to other people about these kind of matter because it will only make things worse! So please... don't tell this to anyone."

"Fine, but can we go back now?" He asked with a soft tone in his voice. I let go of his arm and nodded as I followed him back towards the others.

I can finally sigh in relief as I finally took care of one of the problems we have now. I would definitely lose my sanity if we lose another person in this household.

If only there was a way to make my sisters rest in peace and stop them from being Dwellers.

I mentally breathed heavily as I walked and followed Yoongi from behind. He really didn't look at me once since the talk we had. It must be hard for him to accept all of these things happening to him. I know, because I felt like that too when I knew that I had this kind of ability.

As we finally reached the room, we could hear sound of pure laughter. But it didn't give me a good vibe at all. It gave me goosebumps instead, knowing that I'll see that monstrous figure again.

Yoongi was the first one to enter the room, that was the time I looked down the floor because I tried to avoid looking anywhere else before I could even enter.

I was expecting a greeting from my sister, but all I heard was the cries of someone familiar... which I find very peculiar. Since there was also laughter in the background.

"Jimin?" I froze as I heard Yoongi speak up suddenly. His tone didn't sound scared at all, it was rather confused than terrified which made me curious. So I looked up and stop looking down the floor to see what the fuss was all about.

"Yoongi-hyung? Yoohyeon?"

I slightly widened my eyes, sharing the same confusion as Yoongi's. 

Something's not right...

We can see Lost Souls too?

-----

this book will be longer than i thought it would be ._.

(btw i barely proof-read this)