f o r t y • o n e

• • J U N G K O O K • •

It's already been an hour since Gahyeon's episode happened. I still can't take the fact out of my mind that she looked like a scorched corpse before she woke up a while ago. Until now, the picture of her being in that condition is still haunting me. We just chose not to tell her because we were too scared that she might freak out. Jiyoo begged us not to tell Gahyeon for her sake.

So to give Gahyeon rest, we are all gathered now inside a small house made out of fine oak wood. It's weird how it just popped up in the middle of nowhere – or this black abyss, if I would call it. You will think it is an illusion at first but once you touch it, it felt realer than what you'd expect.

The guys and I were all chilling near the fireplace, while the three sisters were talking to each other — well you can say only two of them are.

My eyes shuffled to Gahyeon's direction, not even bothering to listen to the conversation Taehyung and Jimin is having right now. I caught her on my peripheral vision. The sight of her quietly staring at the floor broke my heart. And like me, she didn't even care to listen to her sisters' conversation.

She seemed dazed since she woke up. It makes me want to ask her what happened when she was unconscious. I know she might have had another nightmare but I won't be sure until I have the answer from her. 

I can't believe that until now, no one even bothered to ask her what happened to her till now. I know they might want to give her time to think for now but seeing her in that condition is something I can't handle. So when her two sisters went away, my feet moved on their own. I ignored the voices of the others who are calling me and pursued on walking towards Gahyeon. To my dismay, she didn't even bother to look at who was walking towards her either so I decided to call her as I got near.

"Hey, Gahyeon," I called but there was no reply, she just kept staring at the floor, ignoring me as if I was a ghost.

I mentally rolled my eyes so I just decided to sit beside her on the sofa and put my arm around her shoulder. And as planned she looked at me with a surprised expression. I gave her a big smile.

"Since when did you get her-" I put my finger on her lips, preventing her to talk any further. "Shh, shh. Shut your damn mouth and let me talk first," I jokingly said which made her smile a bit and hit me on the nose. "Ouch, my precious nose," I said with a very overreacting expression.

"Oh sorry. Your nose is so big, it got caught while I was movung my hand," She jokingly said, giving me a wide annoying grin.

I swear, I will get my revenge someday.

"OH~, I heard that shit!" V hyung shouts.

I glared at V hyung which eventually made him put up his hand to form a peace sign before turning his attention back to Jimin and Hoseok hyung.

Sheesh, people these days.

"Oh wow, I'm offended," I said sarcastically. "I'm the one worried here because of you, and I'm the one getting shit o-"

"Oh stop whining, you little baby," Gahyeon rolled her eyes, and shook her head. A smile on her face being formed as she looks at me. "By the way..." She paused, making me look at her.

"What?"

"Why'd you come here anyway?"

"Well..." I removed my arm around her shoulder, crossing my arms after. "I just saw that little you looked like you were thinking about some deep shit a while ago. So I thought that you needed someone to talk to," I said, her smile fading away as if I turned on the trigger for her thoughts to come back.