f o r t y • t w o

• • Y O O N G I • •

"I just can't stop myself from having doubts, you know. The way Gahyeon looked like a while ago — Don't you think there's something off about it?" Namjoon said, his voice cracking a little bit. "Like Jiyoo didn't even react when she saw that. It was like normal for her to see that kind of shit."

I just nodded as a reply. Yeah he did have a point. When we were teleported to this freaky dimension, I can still clearly remember how Gahyeon instantly fell on the floor. Her eyes pure black, her mouth blazing with fire, and her skin slowly decaying. It's nonsense but seeing that all for myself — I don't even know who to believe right now.

My train of thought got broken when Jin hyung coughed to get our attention. "Well don't you think it's normal for Jiyoo to react like that?"

"What do you mean?" Namjoon asked as he scooch over more to Jin.

"Well just think of it. Jiyoo is so used to seeing illusions like this because, no doubt, she too can make illusions herself. Like look at this house for example."

"Well yeah, but..."

"Oh, Namjoon. Try to not overthink the situation a little. Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and focus on the situation at hand," That's the smartest thing I've ever heard from Jin hyung, and I can't believe that I'm agreeing with him today. If we're just gonna dwell on the problems we just created with our mind, then it will just kill us before we could even realize that those thoughts are wrong. So the smartest thing to do now is to focus on the thing that is actually happening.

"You know, Namjoon, I think Jin's right," I suggested. And by doing that, Jin's eyes lit up, thanking me for finally believing in him.

"Yeah, I know. Geez, I feel stupid now. I'm supposed to be the leader here but I'm the one who isn't actually thinking properly. I focused too much on worrying," He groaned, leaning his back on the couch. 

In the next few minutes, we basically told Namjoon that everything's fine, and it's not his fault for thinking like that. Oh gosh, I'm not really good at making people feel good about themselves whenever they're in a situation like this so I just let Jin do everything for me because I don't really want to fuck up the situation. Like, why am I like this?

And to be fair, Jin is really good at doing that. Like one time when I made a kid cry in the park because of a reason I don't really bother remembering, my mouth felt really dry because I didn't really know what to say. And I'm lucky that Jin was just near me that time and he made everything okay. Which really makes me think that he's a perfect boyfriend or dad material to anyone really. 

Eugh, why am I even thinking about this?

"Uh, Yoongi oppa?" I heard a female voice calling me from behind so I turned my head to see that it was Gahyeon with a worried expression.

"Gahyeon, why are you here? You were with Jungkook right?" I innocently asked, even though my guts is telling me that I already know the reason behind that expression Gahyeon is having.

"Well that's the problem. Jungkook hasn't come back yet. And it's almsot been 30 minutes since he was gone to get me a drink," Her eyes spelled regret so I decided to offer her help to find Jungkook. I don't want this little kid to find Jungkook on her own, who knows what might happen when she's all alone by herself.

I left Namjoon and Jin behind and told them that I'll just help Gahyeon with something. I didn't tell them that Jungkook was missing. Who knows what may happen to Jin — God, I can imagine him freaking out right now.

I stood up, and Gahyeon immediately walked away, pulling me. We went past through Taehyung and the others who were sitted on the floor near the fireplace. I caught eyes with Jimin and he instantly stood up for some reason. "Yoongi hyung what are you up to?" He asked, following us.

Gahyeon stopped, and I gestured Jimin to come near us. Good thing I exchanged glances with him, because I do really need a handy partner like him at a situation like this.

"What's up?" Jimin asked.

"Jungkook's missing," Gahyeon instantly answered.

"Oh what? But I saw him go to that one room where your sisters were a while ago. He was finding them for... some reason," Jimin calmly answered. I can clearly see the worry he had in his eyes as well.

Well who wouldn't be to be honest? At a situation like this, it would be impossible for Jungkook to leave a girl behind just like that. Knowing that he can sometimes be a playboy, he is also known as a very good gentleman.

"Did you see him again after that?" I asked, making Jimin shake his head in reply. "No, not at all. But we could check if he's still in that room though."

Gahyeon held Jimin's hand, her eyes piercing through him. "Please lead us there."

And so he did. Jimin led us to a dim-lighted portion of the house, a large distance away from the others, there was a small space for a hallway to be found. There were two doors beside each other but Jungkook was not found.

"Oh, well the room is right here," Jimin said pointing to the door beside the end of the hallway.

And by exactly saying that, the door opened, revealing the two sisters. As if they knew that we were gonna come.

"Oh, hey," Jiyoo casually greeted with a cheery smile. "What brings you guys here?"

"Oh, nothing. We were just looking for Jungkook. Did you guys see him?" The moment I asked that question, my eyes focused on the two sister's expression. My job as a detective came in handy since I was able to know someone's intention by just looking into their eyes. But looking into the eyes of the two girls right now, I found nothing fishy. Both of their expressions are sincere.

And after that, all the lights which were dim a while ago, suddenly became dark all of the sudden. The temperature becoming cold as I felt the air around me getting thick.

No one said a word. But I know someone wanted to scream. It was long moment of silence and suffering as the whole room didn't say a single word. Not even the sound of breaths can be heard at this point.

"Are you looking for him?" I heard an unfamiliar voice tingling in my ears as if someone put their mouth near it and started whispering.

The lights slowly turned on, revealing a girl wearing an all white dress, holding a helpless Jungkook using only an arm. The girl was floating above the ground, and her blood stained feet to her blood stained lolita dress just made everything worse for me. She held the back of Jungkook's white shirt, and he hanged there like a lifeless body. "We meet again," A smirk creeping up on her face.

"Handong, how did you get here?" Jiyoo asked, clearly suprised and confused about the whole situation. Even Yoohyeon who was calm a while ago, widened her eyes in disbelief. And seeing these expressions made my heart beat fast.

So — over thinking the whole situation wasn't that bad at all.

"Oh, unnie. Did you think we couldn't get to this dreamworld of yours? Did you think it's all protected and stuff? Well think again because that was all a facade. We knew you were gonna bring Gahyeon here so we waited for the right time before we could act. It's easier to enter another dreamworld than to enter the human world so you basically made our job easier. And now that you fell for our trap — I came here to take what is ours," She tilted her towards Gahyeon, and by that I can feel the grip of Gahyeon on my arm getting tighter. Her hand is trembling. "And we want to end this game now," She giggled. "Don't worry about your friends on the other side though. Siyeon is surely taking a good care of them."

And with that, all of the possible exits we could go through got blocked by black-thorned plants.

"Everyone! Get behind me," Jiyoo immediately shouted. "There is no way I'm going to give you anything."

------

the heat is coming, and so is the (legit) last chapter ;)