Nutella

*Tyler's POV*

After an intense game of footsies and multiple clever one-liners we were reluctantly getting up. It'd been half an hour and Connor was probably wondering where the hell we were, granted he was still awake. 

"Ready to get out of here?" Troye asked, dumping the trash out. 

"Ready when you are, babe." I said, grabbing his ass. He swatted my hand away but everyone had already seen it. I grinned darkly and bounded out of the building ahead of him. I knew it was only a matter of time before he tried to get his payback for embarrassing him in front of those strangers. He jogged to catch up to me and then slipped an arm around my waist.

"That was low, even for you."

"What can I say, I take things like this too far." I said, shrugging. He sighed and started chewing on his lip in the way that I loved so much. It was like he knew it made me weak in the knees and he used it just to get back at me. 

"What's going on over there?" He asked, disentangling his arm only to tug on my hand excitedly. I looked ahead where his eyes had fell and smiled. There were red and pink lights everywhere and music playing. 

"Something to do with Valentine's day it would seem." I mumbled, obviously not as enticed as he was. He looked at me with an unimpressed stare and sighed loudly and pointedly.

"What I meant was let's go see what's going on over there."

"But, Troye, it's so late!" I groaned, burying my face into his chest without thinking. Before when I was oblivious to just how much I cared for the boy I'd do this all the time, it was no big deal. But now I noticed how I could feel his heart thumping profoundly in his chest, hear his breath hitch at my sudden physical contact, and when he placed his hand on the curve of my back a little gasp slipped out of my mouth. How had I taken these moments for granted before? 

"You know what, if you're that tired we can just go back. I have a screwed sleeping pattern so this doesn't even feel late but for you it's probably hell." 

"No! No, we are definitely going." I stated, grabbing his hand eagerly. Yes, his hand and not his wrist, I couldn't settle for our fingers not being entangled right now. Any shred of exhaustion had left my body the second Troye's hand met my lower back.

"Really?" I didn't respond, hoping he'd assume my answer was yes considering I was dragging him toward the bright lights and harmonious rhythms. As soon as we got close I felt a pang of regret in my chest. It was a tunnel of love. Surely Troye wouldn't want to-

"Tyler! I didn't think these things were real! Can we go? Pretty please? It's only ten dollars a couple and it goes to charity." Well, if it was for charity... No! I'm already fighting my feelings for him, what is there to do in a tunnel of love other than, well, be in love?

"Troye, I don't think-"

"Two please!" How did he move so fast? He was already at the ticket booth, looking back over his shoulder with a cheeky grin meant for me. I glared at him but reluctantly followed, considering he'd already paid. We hopped onto the boat, which I was disappointed to see wasn't shaped like a swan, and the guy started to recite the rules to us.

"Do not leave the boat at any time, regardless of the situation. Keep all arms, legs, and heads inside the boat. Do not shake the boat. Do not have sex in the boat. Enjoy your time in paradise." His monotone voice hardly gave a romantic atmosphere but I wasn't about to say anything. He then pulled a switch and the boat started moving forward. I looked at Troye with an unimpressed stare, but I had to admit the low lighting illuminated his face in a rather romantic way.

"This is so cool!" He beamed, suddenly looking an awful lot like he had earlier on the bridge. Did he really enjoy cheesy things like this that much? He was looking around at the paintings of cupids and hearts on the walls like they were true masterpieces and not just quickly scrawled paintings done by a no-name artist.

"You're a loser, have I ever told you that?" He looked over at me with a sheepish grin.

"Sorry I made you come on this with me, I just didn't know if I'd ever get the chance again. I mean, I could go my whole life without it sure, but it's the little things that matter, huh?" He laughed, looking up at me with my absolute favourite toothy grin. Oh, swoon. 

"You know, you don't really get the full experience unless you kiss someone... Just saying." I whispered, placing a hand on his thigh. This was normal in a friends with benefits relationship, right? I mean, there are no set rules as to what the benefits are. I could see the rise and fall of his chest speeding up and smirked. I reached out and caressed his perfectly smooth baby face before leaning toward him. I paused just before our lips met just to get on his nerves and he rolled his eyes before quickly moving forward to connect our lips. This was different than our earlier kiss, it wasn't primal or lusty, it was affectionate and soft. Our lips weaved together perfectly and I sighed into the kiss, totally dazed by the moment. When I pulled away I could see the disappointment clear on his face.

"What happened to enjoying the paintings? You seemed pretty content with just that a second ago."

"That was before you kissed me. I could live my whole life without Nutella, but after trying it do you think I could go back to not having it?"

"Did you just compare me to Nutella? I don't even know how I feel about that." I laughed, leaning my head on his shoulder to steady myself. Again, this was a normal occurrence in the past before I realized my feelings for him, why was it so much more intense now?

"You should feel honoured, really."

"Troye Sivan, you are an absolute goof." A perfect, adorable, flawless, sensitive, smart, supportive, and crazy sexy, goof.

"Yeah, and you love every bit of it." If he only knew how true those words were. I looked ahead, noticing that the light shining in had become noticeable.

"So, we're almost to the end. How would you rate your love tunnel experience?"

"Hmm... I'd do it again, granted, you were still the second passenger." I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks and thanked the inventor of love tunnels for keeping them so dark. I didn't want Troye to gain false hope. Sure, I was in love with him, but there was no way I could be with him. I don't do commitment, I don't do long distance, and I don't do things that'd make the most important people in my life hate me. But oh, how I wished I did right now.

A/n: You know the jist, vote and comment or you're an overweight walrus.