Everything

*Troye's POV*

"Is there anything I can get you, sir? Something else to drink, a snack, a-"

"No! Can you please just go get him now? I've been waiting an hour!" I whined, slapping my thighs in annoyance. This was exactly how it'd been the past hour, since I first woke up. They were nice, but constantly changing the subject when I mentioned what I really wanted. They'd forced me to shower, to eat, to get changed and even watch a full episode of some stupid television show, but all I really wanted was to see him. It was really beginning to get on my nerves. 

I guess it made sense that they didn't understand just how crucial it was that I saw him again, how could they? I doubted they'd ever felt so strongly toward another person, like you needed them beside you to feel whole. Especially after that whole ordeal. Especially considering the last time I'd seen him he was being pursued by a knife-wielding insane murderer. The familiar uncomfortable knot of anxiety returned to the pit of my stomach and I shoved it down. Obviously he was okay, I'd gotten out of it okay. Though technically I hadn't really seen anyone since then, so no one had been there to break the news to me either way. He had to be okay though. I'd know if he wasn't. I'd just know.

But of course there was still that flimsy side of me that was trying to tell me otherwise. What if he wasn't okay? What if he was seriously hurt in the room next to me? Or even worse? I wouldn't be able to live with myself, I knew that. The guilt of knowing it was my fault would eat me alive. I guess that's why he had to be okay. 

"Go get who? Tilly?" I frowned, not liking the judgmental tone to her voice when she said it. I let out another exasperated huff, running my hands through my limp quiff. 

"Yes, he's my boyfriend. Roughly 5'4, a witch-like cackle, purple hair, thick-rimmed glasses-"

"Really? That's your best description of me? I sound like the evil guy in a cartoon movie. Let's just hope I never go missing with your description skills." I couldn't tell if my heart stopped or went into hyper-drive when I heard that voice from the other side of my bed, possibly both. I turned to the left so quick my neck cracked, but that seemed so far away when my eyes locked with his. It was like I could see every single emotion he was feeling, every one he'd felt the last two days. Two days? Had it really been just that long? It felt like an eternity, then again, any amount of time without Tyler felt that way. My lips shakily stretched into a tentative smile, unsure which of the many emotions he was feeling most right now. My eyes went wide, shocked when tears suddenly started streaming down his face. Shit. Maybe the smile was a bad idea.

I was about to backtrack, to cover up the smile with a frown or an emotionless face, but didn't have time before he jumped up and pressed his lips to mine. It wasn't passionate or wild, but it was definitely desperate. It was like nothing in the world mattered more than this moment. I kissed back fervently, subconsciously reaching up to support his jaw. I could taste a trace of saltwater on his lips from the tears, but it didn't bother me. Eventually though, the fact at least two different nurses were watching us, did begin to bother me. I pulled away, smirking when I heard Tyler whimper at the loss of contact. I opened my eyes, taking in every inch of his face. He was okay, he was really okay. My heart lurched and I felt tears on my own face. We both probably looked like complete messes, but I didn't care. We just stared at each other for a bit longer, before the need to touch him grew too much and I gestured for him to hug me. I didn't have to say it twice, he was immediately pressed up against me with his face nuzzled into my neck. I wrapped my arms back around him, clutching him to me like I was terrified to ever let him go again, and he hugged me back twice as strong. 

"Do you two want to be left alone?" A nurse asked blatantly, staring at us from the foot of the bed. I rolled my eyes. Was the answer to that question not obvious enough already?