That Little Twink

*Tyler's POV*

I groaned and rolled over in bed, throwing an arm up and holding my head in an attempt to get the throbbing to stop. No luck. It was my own fault for getting black-out drunk last night though, I suppose. I glanced at the clock and noticed the bright red numbers stating it was 3pm. To a normal person that would be an utterly unruly time to get up, but for me it was early, compared to the last week anyway. I knew I should get up and pack, my flight was later tonight and it was a pretty big convention I'd be attending. All of the youtubers would be there. Including Troye.

An unannounced jolt of pain shot through my heart at the mere thought of his name. I winced, squeezing my eyes shut like that'd block it out. It didn't, obviously. I should have known it wouldn't by now, all I'd been doing the past weak was trying to find a way to block the thoughts of him out. So far, the only thing that came close was getting drunk. No, not just tipsy, drunk to the point where my brain became an oblivion and I couldn't think about anything, much less the adorable twink that had been invading my brain constantly in my sober state.

I swung my legs over the bed and audibly sighed. I couldn't just lie there thinking about him any longer, I wasted too much of my time doing that already. I padded against the floor and into the bathroom, snatching my phone up along the way. I ran the toothbrush over my teeth eagerly with one hand while checking my missed calls and messages with the other. There were a lot of them, not that that was anything new. As it would turn out storming out of an intervention dinner practically crying isn't the best way to soothe your worried friend's minds. Some of them had even been so caring as to show up at my door, but I didn't have the strength to answer it. I didn't want to hear their 'it gets better' speeches or see the pity in their eyes, I just wanted to wallow in my own self pity. Just for a little bit longer at the very least, then I'd get back on my feet and move on.

I snickered out loud, not even being able to believe my own lie. Of course I wasn't going to just wake up and decide it was time to move on, I'd be continuing this miserable way of life as long as I could. And I was willing to bet I could make it last pretty damn long.

"Tyler? Please, I'm begging you to call me back. I feel so bad about last week, I've been hating myself ever since. I didn't mean any of it, you are an amazing guy and anyone would be lucky to have you. I need you to talk to me. You can't get better if you keep pushing help away and trust me, you want to get better. There is so much ahead of you if you'd just have an open mind about it and move on-" I exited the recording promptly, the words 'move on' ringing in my ears. How could he still act like he wanted what was best for me? After going out of his way to do everything that would have hurt me? Sure, he sounded like he was genuine when he said he wanted to help me, but he'd also sounded genuine when he'd said he'd never hurt me because we were best friends, and look where that got us.

I trotted back into my room and gave one quick glance to the pile of clothes before shrugging and heading to my living room, where my second best distraction from Troye was waiting. My laptop. I heaved it onto my lap and begun scrolling through twitter aimlessly, the closest thing I could manage to a content smile painted on my face. I stopped scrolling and squinted slightly seeing something that Troye had retweeted. A photo of him and someone else. The second person was gorgeous. Dark blonde hair falling in loose wave-like tufts against his forehead, vibrant blue eyes peaking out from underneath the fringe. I cringed, the sudden taste of blood invading my mouth. I hadn't even realized I was biting my lip until now, let alone that I was biting it hard enough to draw blood. Okay, so the photo had made me a little upset. I quickly looked back to the screen and hurriedly read the caption.

"I can't wait to attend Vidcon with this amazing guy! Love you babe, @TroyeSivan." I stared at the screen with a blank expression for quite some time, not even my own thoughts making sense to me. I didn't even know what I was feeling. Well, I didn't until I chucked the computer across the room and tears began to pour down my face. I began to rock back and forth, the violent sobs taking over. I punched at the sofa blindly, like it was all that particular piece of furniture's fault that my life had completely fallen apart.

"Fuck!" I practically screamed, digging my nails into my skin in a desperate attempt to at least hold the sudden wave of agony at bay. It didn't work. It was like all of my emotions I'd been pushing to the back of my mind the past week had all broken out of their cage at once, and I was drowning in them. I fell limply onto my side and stopped fighting for once, letting everything pour out.

I didn't stop crying for three hours. I didn't even know it was possible to sob like that for that long. Even now, little stray tears were slipping down my cheeks and my body was shaking slightly, on the brink of going back to sobbing any second. I took a deep shaky breath and buried my face into the couch, enjoying how my face felt dry momentarily. As it would turn out, I'm actually not sure how much longer I can go on like this.

I jumped, the sudden sound of my phone ringing breaking me from my thoughts momentarily. Normally I would have just let it ring and not bothered to answer, but right now any distraction was welcome. I grabbed it and brought it to my ear with shaking hands.

"H-hello?" I choked out, wrinkling my nose up at the fact I'd stuttered. Tyler Oakley does not stutter.

"Tyler? Is that really you?"

"No, dumbass, it's president Obama."

"Oh, thank god. You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice, even if it's making snappy sarcastic remarks." I rolled my eyes, not liking how my eyelashes were clumped together from the tears. Dolan really did sound relieved to hear from me... Maybe it wouldn't be that bad of an idea to forgive him. I mean, a crappy best friend is better than no best friend, right?

"I swear, the second you get back from Vidcon we are having a long talk. I can't believe you're letting a man do this to you. What happened to the proud Tyler I once knew?"

"What happened to the straight Dolan I once knew?"

"Okay, shut-up." He chuckled, letting me know I didn't actually bother him that much with my comment. This was nice, talking to someone else. Maybe it is possible I could move on, maybe all I needed was a bit of a push in the right direction, maybe-

"Can I talk to him?" I blinked, recognizing the raspy voice that had called out in the background. I heard Dolan's faint shush, despite him obviously covering the speaker. A second later his voice returned.

"So, what's up?"

"You're with my mother? What the fuck are you doing with her?"

"Tyler, when you didn't answer our calls we got worried. We felt she had the right to know what was going on, and that if anyone could get you to come out of your shell it'd be her."

"Yeah, well you're a little off there buddy. In fact, I'm pretty sure I kicked her out of my life completely. I'm also pretty sure I made that clear to you during the drive to the restaurant the other day."

"You don't mean that. She's your freaking mother! What kind of person puts some idiotic man before their birth-giver?"

"Hmm, well, answer me this one, what kind of man calls his best friend a slut who will never have a happy marriage?"

"You're really going to do this? I thought by now you'd have come to your senses at least a little bit. He's not worth all of this trouble, Tyler." 

"Funny, because I'm beginning to feel the same way about you." I said, hastily hanging up the phone. In my rush to end the call I fumbled my fingers and it fell, falling lightly onto the carpet. It was okay, no damage could have happened to it falling onto that thick carpet anyway, but I wasn't. For some reason dropping my phone was just enough to push me back over the edge. I made a noise freakishly similar to a growl and sunk down to my knees, tangling my fingers up in the carpet as the tears began to cloud my vision. I was almost lost in my emotions when a splash of colour standing out brought me back to attention. I reached out and ran my finger lightly over the tiny dot of red and bit my lip. That little twink had gotten paint on my carpet.

A/n: I know it's kinda short, it happens sometimes. The next few chapters will be about the convention so TROYLER WILL BE IN THE SAME CITY. Who's excited? I am, this two separate story line thing just wasn't doing it for me. Also, I'm loving how passionate you guys are about hating Wyatt, it's great. Okay, comment/vote if you want daily updates otherwise you'll see the next chapter 2 days from now.