For The Love of a Dog

*Tyler's POV*

Ten day time skip since last chapter

I held my breath, balancing my newly bought goods in one hand while I struggled to jostle the key into the lock. I let out a sigh of relief as it finally clicked, hiking the bags up on my hip as I hurried into the house. The idea of flopping onto the couch had never sounded so good, but I knew the groceries had to be put away. I sighed, reluctantly dragging my feet as I opened the cupboards. I then began the long process of trying to find a place to fit them in. To be truthful, I was almost never this stocked up, I was only going out of my way to make sure Troye had everything he could possibly want when he got here.

Troye.

Suddenly my exhaustion and bad mood faded, just from thinking of my adorable boyfriend. I practically rolled my eyes at myself and how positively infatuated I was. I'd compare it to a schoolgirl's crush, but honestly that'd be an understatement. It was love, the big old 'L' word, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It was everything I'd ever dreamed of, this whole 'love' thing. A lot of people complained that it was nothing like in the movies but if you asked me, they just hadn't really been in love yet. 

I shook my head, forcing my mind off of Troye for what seemed like he millionth time today. I turned back to the task at hand, biting my lip as I found spots for all the new rations of Nutella and other numerous junk foods. We were going to be five-hundred pounds heavier within the first week of living together, especially considering I had absolutely no intention of leaving the house until I'd gotten my fill of him. And, knowing me, that wouldn't be for quite some time. I was looking forward to it though, nothing but blowing off plans, eating unhealthy food, and doing it on every surface in the apartment. 

I smiled to myself, though the thoughts of him had reminded me just how much I missed him. He wouldn't even be awake for another few hours though, so Skype was out of the question. Damn time-zones. What was I supposed to do with myself until I could talk to him again? I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I'd asked myself that question in the last ten days, the amount was becoming unfathomable and I still hadn't even come up with a decent answer. As sad as it was, all I ended up doing was laying on the couch and counting down the hours until I could call him. 

It seemed today would be no different as I lazily shuffled over to the familiar piece of furniture. I fell onto it with a satisfied hum, immediately retrieving my phone from my pocket to keep track of the time. Two hours left to go, that was bearable, I guess. I'd managed to pull this off the last nine days, chances were today wouldn't be any different. 

I felt like death as I pried my eyes open, my breath stale as I opened my mouth. Gross. What time is it? My senses snapped to full alert when I thought of the word 'time'. How had I let myself fall asleep? What if I was late for Skype with Troye? It was the highlight of all my days when he couldn't be with me in person. I sat up too quickly, cringing at the headache it caused. I ignored it though, fumbling through the cushions until I'd located my phone. I sighed when I seen the time, more than disappointed to see it had only been twenty minutes. Wow, that nap did absolutely nothing to help with my wait, I could have slept way longer. I wearily rubbed my forehead, closing my eyes as I tried to think of what to do to pass the time next. Possibly watch a movie? 

I nearly jumped clear off the couch when I heard someone knock on my door. Their knock was pretty urgent so I thought it safe to assume this wasn't the first time they'd knocked. Hey, maybe that's what woke me up so early! I bit my lip, eyeing the door questionably. I guess company would be a good way to pass the time...

"Coming!" I sang, skidding across the floor to the door. I paused just before the door, glancing in the mirror like I always did before leaving the house. Oh gosh, good thing I did! I hurriedly tamed my fro, straightening up both my shirt and my glasses before taking a deep breath and turning back to the door. I plastered the biggest smile I could on my face, throwing open the door. Any shred of a welcoming persona vanished when I seen who was standing on my doormat.