Beautiful Lies or Ugly Truth?

*Troye's POV*

"Anyway, after that Mr. Jacob's came over and knocked on my door and handed me the collar and I thought it was some sort of weird joke at first. Then..." I honestly couldn't stand to listen to another word of Wyatt's story about how his favourite cat had died. Not because it was too heart-wrenching, but mostly because I'd heard more interesting stories told by mute people. I suppose it made sense. No one that gorgeous should be blessed with the gift of conversation, that'd be unfair. Well, unless they're Tyler Oakley, in which case it's perfectly acceptable. I winced, thinking of Tyler still killed me inside. It had been two weeks officially today, and I had every intention of calling him the second this date ended. Was that bad? Maybe. I really did feel bad about more or less using Wyatt, but I was certain I wouldn't have been able to survive the last two weeks without him. Boring or not, at least he was something other than the familiar four walls I'd grown all too used to.

"Troye?" I looked up, biting my lip feverishly upon realizing I'd been ignoring him.

"Yes?"

"I just asked what was on your mind?" I really hated when people did that. If I wanted them to know what I was thinking obviously I'd say it out loud.

"Just thinking about youtube stuff!" I lied, flashing a bright smile. 

"Oh, well, if it's important I can be quiet and leave you to your thoughts? I'm happy just being near you." He said, grabbing my hand in his. He really was such a sweetheart, why did I have to be so madly in love with someone else?

"Actually, if it's all the same to you, I'm thinking we should head back." I stated, not really leaving the issue any room for argument. I had to call it off. It had been a fair amount of time, I should be safe to call Tyler any time now without seeming too overly attached. But how do I dump Wyatt without hurting him at all? I really am a dick.

"Oh, I totally understand. Youtube stuff, huh?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled, glad to see he was picking up the pace for my sake. We'd be home in no time. Which left me no time to think of how to call it off with him.

By the time we reached my driveway there was an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach. Why hadn't I thought this through better? I knew what it was like to be played with, what stupid part of me had thought it'd be a good idea to do it to someone else? 

"So, uh, this is goodnight, huh?" He said, looking up from the ground and locking eyes with me. A single tuft of his blonde hair had fallen out of place and I debated fixing it, before realizing that'd only make what I was about to do harder on both of us.

"It would seem so." I laughed, looking out across the front lawn rather than into his eyes. I felt guilty, extremely guilty. Even at a time like this all that was on my mind was getting inside and calling Tyler. When did I become one of those people? The ones that put their own life on hold waiting for someone else.

"Uh, Troye." I reluctantly snapped my eyes back to his and nodded feverishly.

"Yes?" I blurted, a little too strained. He must have been able to tell because his confident expression fell just a bit.

"I was wondering if I could kiss you." That caught my attention. My entire body tensed up at the very thought. No, not as it should. I should be getting nervous with butterflies in my stomach, but the pending display of affection only made me uncomfortable. Of course it did though, after all, I was sort of madly in love with someone else.

"Actually-" I was cut off by a pair of lips crashing against mine. He eagerly backed me up against the front door and I gasped, trying to get a mouthful of air. This was most definitely not what I wanted. It wasn't that he was a bad kisser, he could have been the best kisser in the world and it wouldn't have mattered. Because his lips just weren't the ones I wanted.