Marry You

*Troye's POV*

I couldn't shake the feeling of dread hanging over me as soon as Tyler disappeared through the door. Why hadn't he invited me along? Obviously it was something he didn't want me to be there for, so it was something I wouldn't approve of. Didn't he understand yet just how much it killed me to be separated from him? It was when we weren't together that my doubts came creeping back. Without his charming smile to ensure me everything was alright it was a hell of a lot easier to doubt it was. He'd said fifteen minutes tops, surely even my pathetic clingy ass could last that long without him, right?

Ten minutes in I was beginning to doubt that. My parents had tried multiple times now to start a conversation, but I'd simply mumble a response and turn back to staring at the door. I could tell they were getting annoyed with me, not that I blamed them. I was annoyed with myself, but that still didn't keep me from doing it. I was constantly shifting about in my seat, debating if it'd be too much to get up and pace. Yes, that'd definitely be too much. I grabbed my phone, scanning for missed texts. Nothing.

"Troye, calm down. They're men, they can handle it themselves." I turned to face my father with my head hung low. He was right, I knew he was right, but that didn't help me in the slightest. My eyes start to sink back in the direction of the door and I felt Tyde kick me under the table. With a growl I kicked back, three times as hard.

"Ow! Mom! Troye kicked me!" He shouted, alerting the entire restaurant instead of just my mom. I blushed a deep shade of crimson and forced myself to settle back in my chair fully. I had to distract myself somehow. I grabbed my phone, opening up twitter and scrolling through some tweets. A few seconds later I blinked, realizing I'd subconsciously found my way to not just any tweets, but the Tyler Oakley's tweets. Wow, I really am pathetic. I tossed the phone onto the table and looked up, surprised to see an empty spot where my mother had been sitting.

"Where'd she go?" I asked, feigning interested in the topic. He saw right through it though, taking the time to lazily swipe another fry off of his plate. I frowned, remembering the hideous meal in front of me. I glanced down, wrinkling my nose in distaste at the green substance before me. I'd already wolfed down Tyler's spaghetti and felt a little guilty about it. Sure he'd said I could eat it, but it was still technically his.

"She had a call to make." Dad mumbled then, not looking up from his fries. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to the washroom." I mumbled, getting to my feet. Truthfully I was only going to hideout in the other room, a place where I could show my concerns without worrying what others thought. It was getting to be rather difficult holding my fears in. I scanned the room, spotting the washroom sign to the far right. I made it a single step before a loud cackle filled the room. I recognized that cackle anywhere. I spun around, leaning a hand against the table in a sad attempt to look casual and cute. It didn't work though, not just because I was perpetually awkward, but also because my hand knocked against something that wasn't the table and I lost my balance. I grabbed onto the object, practically screaming when it came down with me. I closed my eyes as I fell to the floor, landing on my ass. It hadn't really hurt physical, but was it ever a blow to my pride. I knew what it was now without even opening my eyes. Stew surprise. 

"Troye? Are you alright?" I just nodded in answer to my mother's question, still too embarrassed to open my eyes. As if to reassure my I had good reason to be, the entire room erupted into laughter. Maybe they'd been waiting to see if I was okay before laughing or maybe they just noticed, either way it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, stumbling to my shaky legs. The first thing I seen was Steele, bent over laughing even harder than earlier. I shot him a glare, but realized it was pretty futile considering the entire restaurant was laughing like that except for my mother. Maybe she could help me out of this with minimal emotional damage. I look back to her, surprised to see Tyler standing beside her. In all the ruckus I'd completely forgotten what sparked it. He was back!