Explanation

*Tyler's POV*

I was having an amazing day, despite waking up before even the sun. I guess I had Troye to blame for that. Waking up to that twink after so long away from him was just what the doctor had ordered, I was like a new man. I'd tried waiting around for him to wake up, but I just couldn't do it. I'd been practically vibrating in the bed next to him with unused energy. I couldn't wake him up either, I still felt guilty about keeping him up last night when the nurse had called him 'sleep deprived'. Ultimately I'd ended up lifting his arm and rolling off the bed, and slipping out of the room. It didn't feel right leaving him alone though, my protective instincts screaming at me to turn around. That's exactly why I'd been overwhelmed with relief when I spotted Steele roaming the hospital gift shop.

"Hey! Who you shopping for? Is there a girl in the picture?" I said, purposely sneaking up behind him. He spun around blushing, the picture frame in his hands answering the question for him, considering it stated 'family'. Aw, it was still sweet though.

"For Troye?" I asked when he didn't reply. He shrugged, nervously fixing his hair. Nervous was such a foreign look to him.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going to get it yet though." He mumbled, biting his lip as he looked down at the frame thoughtfully. Even if it hadn't been the cutest thing I'd seen in a long time, I probably would have told him to buy it just so he'd hurry up and head to Troye's room. I really didn't want him to be left alone up there. But the frame was super cute, and Troye would definitely love it, and I wouldn't mind having it set up in my apartment somewhere when Troye had moved in. Our apartment.

"I think you should get it, it definitely looks like something he'd like. I'm heading out for a bit though, be there when he wakes up?" He nodded, though I noticed the slight frown like he still wanted to explore the gift shop more before heading up. I took off anyway though, knowing I couldn't stay pent up in this hospital for any longer. 

My trip had been short, mostly because of the uneasy feeling that swamped me whenever I wasn't beside Troye now. It was even worse considering neither of us had phones now, something we'd definitely have to replace as soon as we both went home. I frowned, remembering that home consisted of two different places for us right now. I really had to just spit it out and ask him already, I pretty much already knew what his response was going to be. I liked to think it bothered him being apart as it did me. I was heading back to him now, the delicious familiar scent of greasy fast food flooding the entire car. I didn't eat this way all that often, but sometimes you just needed a little unhealthy poison in your system. I hoped Troye was feeling up to it, not too sick or anything. I'd know in a minute anyway, considering I'd just pulled into the parking lot yet again. Hopefully he'd be awake.

I was still buzzing with energy, happiness rolling off of me in waves. I skipped through the halls, feeling a bit bashful when a family shot me looks. I guess it made sense not to be overwhelmingly happy in such a sad place, but I couldn't help it. For once, everything in my life was going right. Hell, it wasn't just going right, it was going utterly perfect. Things got even better when I stepped into the elevator and my favorite Lady Gaga song was playing. I blushed when an excited squeal escaped my lips, thankful the only other person in the elevator was a sweet-looking elderly lady. I subconsciously swung my hips, humming along to the tune as I cradled my fast food.

The elevator dinged and I couldn't help but frown slightly, having to leave my song halfway through. Oh well, it'd be playing in my head the rest of the day anyway. I continued my parade down the hall, my pace quickening the closer I got to Troye's door. He'd be going home today, Laurelle had informed me last night before I went in search off a hospital employee. They'd only kept him overnight for observations, to make sure nothing strange happened. It hadn't though, so he was free to go whenever he wanted. I figured he'd want to sleep first though, and possibly eat. I reached the door, making a pouting face when I realized I didn't have the arms necessary to open it. Luckily it was already unlatched, so it was only a matter of pushing it open with my butt.