Missing

*Tyler's POV*

The drive took forever, or at least it felt like it. Steele was constantly reminding me to sit back in my seat, but I couldn't relax right now. Troye's future depends on our next stop, granted he's in as much trouble as I think. I don't know why, but I just have this fleeting feeling that he's in danger. I could call it some soul mate bullshit, but really it was just logic. Troye would be back by now if there was any way at all he could be.

"Tyler, sit back in your seat! If we had a car crash right now you'd fly through the windshield." I shoot him a glare, but I can't argue with his logic. I sit back, trying to concentrate on taking deep breaths to distract myself from my own thoughts. It sort of worked, I wasn't left thinking about the situation, just Troye in general. Oh god, I was never going to let that boy out of my sight again when I got him back this time. I finally laid back in my seat, thinking about what it'd be like to share an apartment with him.

Before I knew it the car was slowing down and my eyes were fluttering open. Wow, who knew the best distraction from Troye would be Troye. I glanced over at Steele, smirking at his concentrated face as he tried to parallel park. Once he'd finished he practically ripped the keys out of the ignition and got out, not even sparing me a glance. He was already running across the parking lot when I managed to get my seat belt off. He really did care about Troye, even if he had mixed ways of showing it. I hurriedly scrambled out, jogging across the parking lot. I really cared about him a lot too, to actually jog.

As soon as I walked through the door I noticed the Mellet's. They were all sitting in a little waiting room area, looking extremely impatient, not that I could blame them. I made my way over and sat down beside Shaun, considering it was the only open seat. It was hard to believe I'd been nervous about dinner with them, they were some of the nicest people I'd ever met. I was glad they were here to help me through this.

"What's the story?" I asked, staring at the secretary across the room. She was dealing with paperwork, like it was really more important than my missing boyfriend.

"I told the lady at the front desk our story and she said she'd be redirecting us to an officer, though she hasn't moved from that spot."

"Maybe she texted him." Shaun gave me an annoyed look and I couldn't help but giggle, despite the circumstances. He smiled back, but it was cut short when a man cleared his throat in front of us.

"The Mellet's, I presume?" I looked up, studying his face. He was good-looking, dark hair and just enough stubble to be attractive. He didn't exactly look nice though, too withdrawn. Maybe that was part of the job though, I couldn't imagine it being easy dealing with all the things he had to.

"Yes, officer." Shaun said firmly, standing and giving him a handshake. Wow, I don't think I'll ever get used to serious Shaun.

"This way, please." The man said, turning on his heel and starting deeper into the facility without another word. I guess it was just implied we'd be following him. We all got up from our chairs, following him just as silent as he was leading.

We ended up in a small office with just a desk and the man sat down on the opposing side. There were only two chairs but none of us seemed to mind giving them up to Shaun and Laurelle.

"So, you say your boy is missing?" He asked, clicking his pen annoyingly. 

"Yes, Troye."

"How long has he been gone?"

"Just over twenty-four hours now, but we aren't from around here so it worries me even more."

"Has he ever done anything like this before? Running off?"