Getting Ready

*Troye's POV*

I was starting to drift back into consciousness, much to my dismay. I really did not feel like getting up, not that that was unusual. My ribs ached and I still felt exhausted, but with each passing second sleep continued to evade me. It looked like I was going to have to get up, ugh. I let out a loud groan of displeasure, only to hear someone mimic it sarcastically. It wasn't until now that I noticed the weight on my chest and the heavy breathing. 

"Tyler." I groaned, groggily messing up his hair as punishment for making fun of me. He didn't seem to mind though, even going so far as to grab my hand and kiss it gently. When he let it go it fell back to my chest and I let out a loud yawn, slowly fumbling around for my phone. I grabbed it, getting blinded when I turned it on and the light attacked my eyes. That wasn't the worst part though, the numbers I seen on the screen were.

"Tyler! We slept the entire day! Why didn't you wake me up?" I scolded, rolling onto my side so I could see him. He looked a little angry I'd removed his pillow, but that quickly faded when our eyes locked. His lips turned up into a smile and he just shrugged, a slight blush cascading his cheeks.

"I figured we could both use it, neither of us have been getting enough lately."

"I know, but I leave tomorrow, why would you waste our last full day together?"

"Oh come on, don't stress over that. We have the rest of our lives together, I'm sure we can live with missing out on one day. Besides, the day's not even over yet." He added the last sentence with a smirk, like there was something more that he wasn't saying. My eyes widened, looking at him expectantly. 

"What?"

"Do you have something planned?" I urged, knowing he wasn't going to tell me unless I made it obvious. He loved anything that made me feel awkward and uncomfortable.

"Well, sort of. Are you hungry?" 

"Of course, why do you even bother asking at this point? Can we get pizza?" I asked excitedly, letting my head sink down against his chest. He just giggled, running a hand along my back.

"I mean, I was thinking something a little more classy, but if you wanna go to Pizza Hut for our first real date, then you do you." My cheeks flamed, realizing what he'd been getting at. We weren't just going out to dinner, it was a legitimate date. Why did my stomach still swirl at the thought of that? Why did I have a feeling those butterflies would never go away, no matter how long we were together? 

I nodded into Tyler's chest happily, too embarrassed to actually stutter out a reply. He just giggled knowingly, gently pushing me off his chest and hopping off the bed. I couldn't help it when a whine of protest escaped my parted lips, but he either didn't hear or didn't care because he continued padding toward the bedroom door undisturbed. I sat up, feeling disoriented as my head was still fogged with sleep.

"Get ready, Troye, I'm not showing up to the restaurant with a hobo." I just grunted in response, knowing he wasn't going to give me time to shower. Oh well, at least I'd had one last night. The door clicked shut behind him and I was left to drag myself out of bed on my own. I was beginning to have doubts I'd be able to only fifteen seconds later, when Tyler ducked his head back into the door.

"And wear something cute! I want first date selfies!" His voice was super enthusiastic and I couldn't help but grin back knowing I was the cause. It would never stop amazing me that I had any effect on him at all, positive or negative. He was just so relevant and I was just so... Not. He was an icon and I was just some scrawny Australian boy. I'd never tell him I thought that way though, I'd never hear the end of it from him. It may be hard to believe, but he really did care about me. He loved me.