Rats

*Troye's POV*

All I could think about was how badly my head was pounding at first. I tried to think of something else but then it'd throb again to remind me. But slowly, after what seemed like hours of nothing but constant pain, I was able to think somewhat coherent thoughts again. The first thing I was aware of was how cold the floor my face was lying against was, though try as I may, there would be no sitting up any time soon. I tried to move my arm to push myself off the ground, but all I succeeded in doing was worsening my headache by a thousand times. I groaned out loud, not even being able to clutch my hand to it. After that pain had subsided a bit, I tried to open my eyes. No such luck, so I decided to rely on my less difficult senses. I concentrated on listening, but the only thing I could hear was the rhythmic pattern of water dropping, maybe a leak in the roof somewhere. Where was I? More importantly, where was Tyler?

I tried to fall back to sleep after that, but my body just wasn't cooperating. In the end I just stayed lying there with my eyes closed, thinking despite how clouded my head felt. I was trying to remember where I was or why I felt like this. Maybe a bad hangover and I woke up on the floor of a bathroom? That'd explain the water dripping. Except I hardly ever drink, and I'd never in my life been so drunk I woke up with a hangover like this. The pain was still excruciating, but there was something new to distract me now. Footsteps.

They were becoming louder and were echoing around, like they were in some sort of hallway. Suddenly there was the sound of metal clanking and my body tensed up, too exhausted to actually jump. More footsteps now, but they sounded a lot more intense, likely because they were in the same room as me now. Just when they were getting so loud they made my head pound, they stopped. I wanted so badly to open my eyes, or my mouth, and find out who those feet belonged to, but I just couldn't. 

The silence stayed for a long time, which led me to believe they were just standing there staring at me. That was creepy. Unless it was Tyler, then it might be considered sort of cute in the staring-longingly-at-your-lover sort of way. Except if I was actually this hungover you'd think he'd be helping me off the floor by now. Whatever, I was finally starting to get close to sleep again and I'd be able to figure out what was going on when I woke up. Just as my breathing started to even out into deep breaths and my heart slowed down, there was a loud clash right beside my ear. I jumped for real this time, surprised by my own ability to move. I mean, really it was just a fish-flopping movement that got me further away from the sound, but it was still a lot considering how I was feeling.

"Morning sleeping-beauty." My blood went cold at that voice. That was not Tyler at all. Now I wanted to open my eyes more than ever, and that's exactly what I struggled to do. I didn't feel safe with my eyes closed anymore. But the more I struggled the more useless it seemed and eventually I just let my head flop back down to the ground, saturating in the cold now after all that work.

"Oh, come on Troye, that's all the fight you have in you? A little pathetic, actually." I ignored him, trying to concentrate on the water in the background instead of his voice. But his voice was so much louder...

"You're no fun when you're unconscious, hurry up and get rested so we can play." I winced slightly at the word 'play', but otherwise didn't respond. He seemed frustrated with this, the sound of his footsteps receding a moment later. More metal clanking, and then quieter footsteps until they eventually faded to silence. It was a while before things went silent though, how far in was he keeping me? Where was he keeping me? Why the hell was he keeping me at all? I was beginning to shiver, but I don't think it was because of the temperature. What did he want with me? Obviously it couldn't be very good if he had to drug me and drag me somewhere to make sure he got it.

When I awoke next I felt much better, practically normal aside from the horrible cramping from laying on the floor. I concluded it must be concrete, considering I was just now noticing how scratchy it was against my face. I took a deep breath for support and tried to open my eyes again. It worked this time, though I sort of wished it hadn't. Seeing my surroundings definitely didn't make me feel any better. It was very dark, aside from a small grated window across the room, outside of my cell. Did I mention I was in a cell? It was just like the prison cells you'd see in movies, with an uncomfortable looking bed in one corner and a make-shift bathroom in the other. I noticed the lack of a shower and cringed, hopefully I wouldn't be staying here too long. Then again, what was my alternative to staying here? I decided to be extra brave and try sitting up again, considering the cold was beginning to seep right into my bones. With a bit of discomfort and struggling, I managed to sit up and lean back against the wall. It might have been a bit of an improvement, if it weren't for the fact it had made my headache come back. At least I could use my hands now, so I tried rubbing circles into my temples in an attempt to lessen the pain. It worked eventually, but then I realized that was the only thing distracting me from the situation I was in. Now I had nothing left to do but think about was was going on, where I was right now.