Commitment

*Tyler's POV*

I took another bite of the delicious shortcake, savoring it like it was a true delicacy. That wasn't the only reason I was eating slowly though, there was definitely something else on my mind. Something I couldn't talk about with Troye around. I had a feeling I wouldn't have to wait for my opportunity much longer though, because he was already fidgeting in his seat.

"Are you almost done?" He groaned suddenly, proving my silent point. I just raised an eyebrow at him, quickly turning back to my food to hide the adoring smile that had invaded my lips. I was a mess around this boy, that much was for certain. Once I'd finally gotten that under control I cleared my throat, ready to reply.

"Go wait in the car if you have to, I'll be five minutes tops." I promised, unintentionally popping the p. He must have read more into it though because his eyes went wide with what looked like excitement a moment later. What was he thinking about?

"Hurry." He blurted, his voice heavy with urgency. I furrowed my brow slightly, studying his facial features in an attempt to see what was on his mind. I blinked, surprised to see the way his eyelids were hooded with lust. Is that really what he was thinking about right now? I guess I'd really left an impression in that bathroom. I couldn't leave the poor boy waiting much longer though, not when he looked like that anyway. I froze, realizing he was closing the distance between us while I'd been zoned out. I turned my head suddenly, wanting more than just a light peck on the cheek. He didn't fight it like he normally did when I tried anything around his family, instead he just relaxed into the kiss. Our lips weaved together perfectly and I instinctively brought my hand up to the back of his neck, asking him to deepen the kiss. He didn't though. In fact, instead he ended it, shoving me backward playfully. A low growl escaped my lips in protest but he didn't notice considering he was already talking to his parents, explaining where he'd be staying the night. I was still pouting slightly that he'd cut the kiss off, so I purposely looked to the other side of the room instead of at him as he left. I'd see him in a few minutes anyway.

"So, that cake must be good." I casually looked back to Shaun. I could tell from his facial expression he wasn't nearly as gullible as Troye, he knew there was something else on my mind.

"Yeah, it's delicious." I giggled, deciding to play into his games. He frowned, obviously he'd been expecting me to elaborate as to what I was doing stalling for time with him. I knew I should too, Troye was waiting on me so the sooner I spat it out the better. But for some reason I just couldn't open my mouth, it was like it had been glued shut. I furrowed my brow, confused by my own actions. Tyler Oakley was never at a loss for words.

"Tyler?" I looked up, surprised to see Steele was the one that had spoken up. He was looking at me almost... Encouragingly? I gave him a weak smile. Were we friends now? It definitely seemed that way. 

"Steele?" I asked back, hiding how nervous I was with teasing. He didn't seem impressed by that, kicking me under the table.

"What do you want?" Wow, I wished he wasn't so blunt about everything. At the same time, maybe that was exactly what I needed in order to say what was on my mind.

"I, uh, what are your guys' thoughts on Troye, uhm..." I trailed off, looking at them pleadingly like they'd know what I was talking about without me even saying it. They didn't, they all had different expressions but none of them were knowing. Confusion, worry, curiosity, and Steele was even smirking at me. The nerve that guy had! I looked down, surprised to see I had even started twiddling my thumbs. I could only imagine how red my face was right now. I'd never done anything like this before, so maybe that's why it was so nerve-wracking for me. I take a deep breath, quickly running a hand through my hair as a distraction.