Real

*Troye's POV*

Eventually we did catch up to my parents, stopping to catch our breath beside their car. I smirk, watching the way Tyler is over-dramatically clutching his chest. He really is something else.

"Do you guys mind if we go get your other siblings before heading to the restaurant? It's just kind of biased to leave them hungry while we eat with you two." My mother explained, jingling her keys as if she already knew my response. She did though, why would I say no to something like that?

"Yeah, that's no problem. Where are we meeting at?" After a short bickering between her and my dad they finally decided on a little family restaurant none of us had heard of, but Siri seemed to have no trouble praising. Besides, what was life without adventure? Even if the adventure was just risking getting food poisoning at some unknown place to eat. I quickly said my good-byes, noticing the way Tyler had already snuck off to the car. I imagined he was just trying to warm it up a bit before I got in, but I still didn't want to keep him waiting. As soon as my parents got in their car I turned and practically sprinted across the pavement to where Tyler's car was parked. I glanced through the window, smirking when I seen him checking himself out in the mirror. I swung into my own seat a moment later, not hesitating to reach across the console and grab his hand. 

"You look gorgeous, stop worrying about it."

"I wasn't worrying." He mumbles, though even he doesn't sound sure about it. I wondered why he was suddenly nervous at the idea of dinner with my parents when he'd been the one to suggest it, only to realize it wasn't them he was worried about. Steele was going to be there. I wasn't sure how having perfect hair would help mend the gap between the two of them, but Tyler seemed pretty convinced it would as he continued rearranging stray pieces of his quiff.

"Tyler." He sighed, reluctantly flipping his head in my direction.

"What?" I glared at him sarcastically at the evident sass in his voice, but I squeezed his hand to reassure him I wasn't that annoyed by it.

"You make me happy, unbelievably happy. If they really care about me then that's all they should worry about. Stop worrying."

"Okay, I guess I might have been worrying a teensy bit." He chuckled, finally ignoring his reflection and turning the keys in the ignition. The car hummed to life and I took this as my cue to sit back and actually let go of his hand. He was a bad enough driver with two hands, I'd best not leave him with only one.

We pulled up to the unfamiliar building not even ten minutes later. It didn't look particularly gross on the outside, but you can't really judge a book by it's cover. The drive had seemed a lot longer though, considering I was forced to keep my hands off of him the entire time so he could concentrate. He loved to annoy me about it too, constantly biting his lip or glancing over to wink at me. He really was such a tease. But now that we were parked there was absolutely no reason to keep myself off of him. I turned to him with a hopeful expression only to find him staring in the mirror again.

"Fuck off!" I groaned, hurriedly crawling over the console onto his lap. He giggled, obviously thrilled with my form of interruption. I ran a hand through his hair, purposely messing up what he'd tried so hard to fix. He narrowed his eyes at me slightly, but he didn't bother arguing with me. That's how I knew it was real. If anyone else had of touched his hair, especially before an important event, he would have dismembered them. 

"I love you." I whispered, bending down and placing light kisses along his jaw. He closed his eyes, saturating in the moment. Eventually I fumbled my way up to his lips and pressed mine against them daintily. He audibly whined at how soft the kiss was, instantly grabbing the back of my head and forcing me to kiss him rougher. I wasn't about to protest though, seeing as this is what I'd been craving the entire drive here. I tangled my fingers up in his feathery hair, well-aware this would only make him more embarrassed when dinner started. Walking in to dinner with the parents with sex hair wasn't the smartest idea, then again, they'd already seen worse. He bit down on my lip, an impatient way of demanding I let him inside. I obliged, mostly because I wanted the same thing. His tongue eagerly met mine, not even bothering to try and hide how desperate he was for the contact. I felt his hands on my hips and couldn't help but smirk into the kiss. I hadn't even realized how much I'd been moving about on his lap until he'd had to steady me. Bulges in your pants were even less acceptable than sex hair at family dinners.