[4]Skateboarding Tryouts

[4] Skateboarding Tryouts

Stella Miller's POV

I actually woke up at the right time today. Last night I set my alarm on my phone so Destiny and Charlotte didn't have to bust out their chaotic pillows again. I woke up at seven so I could actually look decent. I really have to put an effort this time because now, I go to Westville Academy. The Westville Academy. Not only does this lead to my future, but also my mom's future... the future she has left. I seriously need to double time, no slacking, no procrastination, all 100% effort.

I thought about straightening my hair a bit so I could look presentable for the skateboarding tryouts. I asked Bridgette, because she straighten my hair for the first day, if she could lend me her straightener and she gladly replied with a yes. She taught me how to do it with her hair, and after a few hours I accomplished the arts of straightening your hair. My fringe was off to the side giving me that rocker look that I wanted. I always wanted my hair to be straight, but God decided to give me most of my father's genes which was wavy hair. Bridgette wanted to give me her straightener, I refused, but she had to shoot back by saying her father could get her another one. So right now it's 7am, I'm sitting on the vanity Charlotte and Destiny stashed with many hair products, ironing tools, make-up squashed inside it's drawers.

I showered first then styled my hair the rocker way I liked. I straightened my hair into layers, because Bridgette suggested to straighten it like that since my hair is in layers, then I moved on to the fringe on my face. When I finished the masterpiece I did on my hair, I looked at the mirror in shock. I actually thought I looked beautiful, I touched my brown reddish hair, and I smiled at myself, I was satisfied with my work. I changed into my uniform next, I button on my button down white thin short sleeve shirt with a collar around the neck. I put on my blue plaid skirt, I adjusted the skirt to be above my knees, but not too short. I zipped up the side, and wore shorts so no perverted boys would see my underwear. I slipped into my blue sweater that had the West Ville Academy logo, and pulled my black knee high socks to my knees. I squeezed my feet into my black converse high tops. I realized I first, and it was 8:30 and I woke up Destiny and Charlotte with pillows like they did with me.

"Destiny," *smack*, "Charlotte," *smack*, "wake up!!" I shouted.

"We're awake now Stella, you could stop now," Destiny smiled at me knowing this is my revenge from yesterday.

"I'm going to go early and eat breakfast, so I'll see you later," I waved and grabbed my backpack and skateboard and went inside the elevator. I pressed the button to direct me to first floor leading to the exit door of the dorm building. While I waited for the doors to open, I positioned my earbuds in my ears, and pressed shuffle, then the elevator doors opened. I walked out the doors and I saw Mrs. Patterson wave at me.

"Good morning Mrs. Patterson!" I greeted her which made a smile grow on her face.

"Good morning sweeetie," she responded sweetly.

I turned my gaze on her to the dorm exit and opened the doors, I thought today was a good day, the birds were chirping, the sun was on the edge of the horizon wanting to go up more to the sky, making beautiful orange and yellow blend together causing it to be a tequila sunrise. The temperature was alright today, not too hot, not too cold, which was great for skateboarding. I grinned, I set my skateboard on the cement, placed my left foot first for balance, and the right foot for pushing me forward. I still had my earbuds planted in my ears while the air hit me when I glided. I finally reached the cafeteria, I held on to my skateboard tightly. I walked to the breakfast line and grabbed my food, which was a bowl of frosted flakes. This caused me to think about my little sister and how I miss her. How I want to do the best I could because I could help her get a better life.