[9] The Tickle Monster

[9] Tickle Monster

Stella Miller's POV

Don't you hate it when someone forces you to do your biggest fear? Well that's what I'm feeling now. That fucker who is the heir of Richardson Enterprises. Yeah I just said fucker. Made me go inside the seat of doom making me face my worst fear.

Heights.

30 Minutes Earlier

"Come on Stella! It's gonna be fun!" Wesley whined tugging my hand the huge Ferris wheel. Which to me looked like the circle of death.

"No," I looked my attention away from him.

"Are you scared?" He smiled mischievously but I could still see some concern in his eyes.

"No!" I began walking away and suddenly I felt my head go upside down.

"Let's go Stell bell! We're going to have a blast!" Wesley exclaimed giddily. I was thrashing my body on his shoulder.

"I don't wanna!!" I whined feeling everyone's gaze on me. I needed to do something before I was facing my biggest fear. Desperate calls call for desperate measures.

"AAAHHH! WHAT THE HELL!" Wesley shouted. "Did you just fucking pinch my ass? Again?"

"Yes, now put me down," I hammered my hands on his muscular shoulder.

"I'm not going to pass it like last time. Oh look! We're next!" Wesley sprinted over to the Ferris wheel and quickly gave the money to the owner. The man was giving Wesley a what-on-earth-are-you-doing face. Wesley ignored him and set me down on one of the seats. The owner pressed a button making our seat go up making me shudder.

"Ahhh, isn't this nice!" Wesley spread his arms.

I was still pissed at him for what he did. Like can this guy take no for an answer. Spoiled rich kids getting whatever they want. I looked away from his view and turned to the other side of the festival.

"What? Seriously Stell? Are you literally giving me the silent treatment?" Wesley scooted closer to me.

I gave him no answer.

"Well I have to do this than," Wesley began swinging the car.

My heart was beating really fast. "Stop!" I looked down at the tiny people on the ground making me nauseous. "Please."

Wesley's features softened, "sorry Stell, I didn't mean to frighten you."

"Yeah, yeah whatever you're still a son of a bitch," I answered.

"Aww thanks, Stella." Great I made him regain his smirk.

Present

"Look at that Stell bell! The fireworks are out!" Wesley pointed to the dark sky. The owner stopped the ride so he could look at them too.

I snapped my head up, I have never seen fireworks in a long time. Well not in person. My family and I would always get to see them on TV, but never for reals. I leaned more to see the fireworks even more. Right now my fear wasn't worrying me, it was the beautiful sparks above of me. It was alluring. My eyes were wide in amazement. I bet I looked like a child oogling over a chocolate bar. I held onto the bar of the Ferris wheel seat until a warm hand touched my hand which made me snap out of my gaze.