Chapter 4

It was a little later and Willow was hiding out in her room. She was trying to cope with all the new developments that had formed in her life. She had been attacked by a crazy cat villain, kidnapped, was in danger of being killed and then found out she had super abilities. And after meeting everyone and then seeing Aaron go crazy like that it was just so much to take in right then and there. She needed to be alone, she needed to think. She wanted to be away from the craziness that was now becoming her new life. She lay on top of her bed, staring up at the ceiling silently. Before she knew it her eyes began to close as she drifted into sleep.

That's when someone knocked on her door. Willow glanced up at the door sleepily but decided to just ignore it. As she lay back down someone broke down the door and barged into her room.

"Ahh!!" Willow screamed and fell off the bed. It was two men with black masks on. They grabbed hold of Willow and blinded her. They dragged her away and when she could see again she was back in that white room. She now knew it as Demenshia's lair. Her arms and legs were restrained, "Let me out of here!" Willow begged through oncoming tears.

"Kill her. And make it painful." A nasty voice sneered.

"No, no, no please!" Willow sobbed in sheer panic.

One of the men in a mask pulled out a long dagger and went to chop her up when suddenly the whole building exploded.

"AHHH!!" Willow screamed and sat up in bed. Her heart raced and she was in a cold sweat. She was back in her room. It had all been a dream. Willow clutched her pillow as she tried to catch her breath. Her whole body shook and it was hard to breath. It was like all the air had been removed from the room and her lungs weren't functioning properly. She needed air, fresh air.

Willow jumped out of bed and slowly opened her door. She peeked outside to see the hallway was quiet. She checked her watch to see it was 11:37 PM. She sighed and then crept down the hall and went up the stairs to the roof. As soon as she opened the hatch she ran to the edge and the stopped. She took in a deep breath and looked up at the sky. Her heart began to beat a little slower as she calmed down. She went and sat down in Aaron's roof chair to enjoy the night sky. She could see the moon shining brightly and the sounds of crickets could be heard from bushes down below. There was a light breeze that went past Willow, making strands of her hair fly slightly. She now smiled to herself. No wonder Aaron liked the roof. It was so peaceful up here.

"What are you doing?" A gruff voice asked behind Willow.

Willow gasped and jumped up from the chair. She spun around with wide eyes to see Aaron standing there. He looked slightly annoyed, "I'm sorry...I'll leave." Willow apologized nervously.

Aaron looked her over carefully and crossed his arms. His face softened slightly,"Was it a nightmare?" He questioned emotionlessly.

"Why would you ask that?" Willow asked without making eye contact.

"You've got that look on your face...like you can't breath." Aaron replied.

Willow remained silent and snuck a peak at Aaron before looking away again, "I'll just go Aaron..." Willow said quietly and began walking away.

Aaron watched her walk away and just as she was about to reach the hatch he spoke again, "You think you're safe but somehow they find you. And you have no control over it, they just take you away...and then you're back in that room, strapped down, powerless. And no matter what you do it doesn't stop them from killing you... And it's over." He said in a irritated tone and clenched his jaw, slightly tense now.

Willow turned to look at Aaron with a shocked expression, "How did you...how did you know..."

"You're not the only one who can have nightmares Newbie." Aaron said seriously and glanced up at the sky, "I was taken by Demenshia's clowns just like you...They took me when I was sleeping. I woke up in a horrible white room...not the same as yours obviously...Demenshia likes to move around a lot." He paused, keeping his gaze on Willow, "They were going to kill me. Thankfully those N.R.A. guys found me. But not before Demenshia's goons could begin cutting into me." Aaron moved his shirt up to show a scar across his torso. Willow's mouth flew open in surprise. Aaron put his shirt back down and sighed, "Yeah, not fun." He spoke gruffly and then continued, "Anyway...I went with the General and he brought me here. He said I'd be safe but that didn't stop the nightmares." Aaron grimaced as he said that, "My first week here, every night I'd wake up screaming. I expected to be back there, strapped down and about to die. Eventually I just gave up sleeping one night and came up here." Aaron glanced around and then looked back at Willow, "This was my safe place from the nightmares...still is. It's peaceful up here and when I can't sleep I just come up here." Aaron now smiled slightly, "Give it time, the nightmares will eventually fade and not seem so bad."