Chapter 14

It had only taken three hours before Ryan had found Aaron and Willow. He jumped out as soon as the copter landed and rushed over to Willow. He grabbed her in a tight hug, "Are you ok?" He asked, his voice full of concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Willow replied with a smile.

"We should get going." Aaron interrupted with a frown.

Ryan glanced at Aaron and returned the frown, "Right...the others will be waiting. Come on." He began to lead them to the copter when all of a sudden he felt a sharp pain in the back of his leg, "AH!" He exclaimed and fell to the ground.

"Ryan?!" Willow exclaimed and knelt down to examine his wound. It looked like he had been burnt by a laser beam. She gasped and whipped around only to be knocked over by a furious Ed.

"Give me the case!" Ed yelled viciously and then lunged at Aaron who was holding the case.

Aaron swung the case at Ed's head, hitting him hard. He hit him again and again until Ed stopped moving. He stared down at him for a moment and then looked up to see Willow and Ryan with horrified expressions, "What? He asked me to give him the case." He smirked and threw the case into the copter.

"What is that case made of?" Willow asked with a baffled look.

"Don't know, don't care. It knocked him out cold...for now..." Aaron examined Ed for a second longer and then headed for the copter, "Now let's g-" His leg was suddenly jerked back, making him fall. He looked back to see Ed with a blood thirsty look on his face.

"You think...a measly box is enough to keep me down?!" He screamed at Aaron and swung his fists toward Aaron.

Aaron jumped out of the way and grabbed Ed in a hold, "Well I was really hoping..."

"Granh!!" Ed let out a frustrated yell and then flung Aaron against a tree.

Aaron ignited his hands and punched Ed repeatedly although it didn't seem to have much effect.

Ryan turned to Willow, "Quick, while Ed is distracted...there's a black bag in the copter. Go get it for me."

Willow nodded and went into the copter, returning shortly after with black bag in hand, "What's in it?"

Ryan opened it to reveal a hand gun, "Something that will hopefully help us..." He answered and aimed the gun at Ed.

"You're going to kill him?!" Willow exclaimed in shock.

Ed's head whipped around to look at Willow and Ryan. He then began charging towards them. Ryan smiled slightly, "Perfect shot." He pulled the trigger and Ed went down once again.

Willow stared at Ed and then Ryan, "Is he..."

"No, don't be ridiculous. It's a tranquilizer gun...and a special kind too. The General gave it to me just in case." Ryan explained and put the gun back in the bag, "Now let's get out of here...I don't know how long that will keep him down."

"Good idea." Willow nodded and helped Aaron bring Ryan onto the copter.

They quickly got back to the base where everyone was relieved to see that Aaron and Willow were safe.

Katie screamed excitedly when she saw Willow, "I'm so happy you're ok!" She gave Willow a gigantic hug.

"It's good to see you too Katie." Willow giggled.