Chapter 15

Willow's hand shook as she went to click the icon with her mother's name. She held her breath as a page popped up. It began loading content which was taking a while.

"Come on, come on..." Willow said under her breath.

"Willow? What are you doing?" Benny's voice spoke out from the doorway to the office.

"Benny!" Willow gasped and closed the page hastily, "I was...um, I was..."

"Snooping through the General's computer." Benny finished in a matter of fact tone.

"I can explain!" Willow looked nervous now.

"Explain later. Here comes Wallows." Benny motioned for Willow to move.

Willow quickly jumped out of the chair and zoomed out into the hall. She dodged into another room with Benny before General Wallows spotted them. Once he was back in his office Benny led Willow up to his room where they could talk privately.

"Ok, we can talk here." Benny went over to a tan recliner chair and sat down, crossing his arms, "So explain yourself."

Willow sighed nervously and did a quick survey over the room. His room was completely spotless which didn't come as a surprise to her. Benny seemed like the kind of guy who would be a neat freak. He had a desk with a built in shelf that had books stacked neatly on it. The books were mostly about science fiction and stuff like that. So he was a bit of a sci fi geek. That came as a surprise to her. Willow bit her lip and sat on the edge of his bed, "Well...ever since I came here... I couldn't help but feel like the General was hiding something from me."

"General Wallows tells us what we need to know." Benny shrugged like what she said was nothing important.

Willow gave Benny an odd look, "It doesn't bug you that he's not telling us everything?"

"Some things...are better off unknown." Benny replied.

Willow sighed in frustration, "Ok...that's your opinion." She gave Benny a look, "But if the information he knew was something from your personal life wouldn't you want to know what he knows?"

Benny frowned seriously and leaned forward, "What do you think the General knows?"

"He has a file on his computer labeled with my mother's name. He knows something about her...probably even my father."

"Did you look at the file?"

"I didn't have time to. You stopped me before it loaded." Willow gave Benny a frown.

"Willow...you can't snoop through his computer even if he has information on your parents." Benny tried to reason with her.

Willow stood up and crossed her arms, looking Benny up and down, "For 7 years I thought my parents were dead. Now there could be information proving that wrong. There's no way I'm pretending like I didn't see what I saw."

"Fine, but let me help you." Benny sighed, getting up as well.

"I don't need your help. I'll figure this out myself." Willow frowned, turning away.

"You don't know for sure that your parents are alive Willow. Don't fill yourself with false hope." Benny went over and put a hand on her shoulder.

Willow looked hurt, like Benny had just slapped her in the face. She stepped back slightly, "Thanks for that." She said quietly and went to leave Benny's room, only to run into Ryan who was about to knock on the door.

"Willow?" He looked at her in confusion and then glanced at Benny, "What's going on?"

"Nothing, I was just leaving." Willow rushed past Ryan and went straight to her room.