Chapter 9

The weekend had passed now and Aaron was released from the detention block first thing Monday morning.

"I hope your weekend stay here has taught you something." General Wallows spoke sternly as he opened the cell door.

Aaron walked out silently and nodded. He then turned to the General ominously, "Where is she?"

"Who?" The General questioned.

"Willow." Aaron looked annoyed now.

General Wallows sighed, "Leave her alone Aaron. You're a bad influence on her." He then ushered Aaron back upstairs.

"Can you at least tell me where she is?" Aaron looked even more annoyed.

"Report for morning training. That's an order." General Wallows replied, ignoring Aaron's question. He then walked away.

Aaron glared at the back of the General's head. He was about to blow off morning training when he realized that Willow was probably there with all the other annoying teammates. Aaron smirked and headed to the Dome. He barged through the door, scaring the others inside. He looked around in confusion, seeing Willow wasn't there.

"Problem?" Ryan asked Aaron, crossing his arms.

"Where is she?" Aaron questioned, his annoyance returning.

"Can't you just leave her alone?" Katie asked but then hid behind Benny.

"I need to talk to her. Now where is she?!" Aaron raised his voice.

Everyone looked at each other and then Aaron, "The General excused her from training this morning...she's sick..." Benny spoke slowly and calmly.

Aaron frowned and then left the room, stomping away.

"Ok, he's gone. You can come out now." Ryan whispered.

Willow appeared in front of the group and sighed, "Thanks for that Benny."

"No problem." Benny smiled and got back to his training. He focused on a training dummy and touched one finger to the floor. A line of ice went shooting right for the dummy, traveling up to it's head and making it shatter into little pieces.

"Nicely done!" An officer spoke into the speaker from the control booth.

Ryan took Willow by the hand and pulled her over to the side of the room, "You do realize he's eventually going to find you right?"

"I don't want him to." Willow looked down, "I don't want to talk to him."

"Then don't. But stop hiding." Ryan grinned, "I'll protect you." He flexed his muscles.

"Yeah, ok." Willow giggled and nudged Ryan gently. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Katie pulled Willow away.

"Come on Willow, we need to train." Katie laughed and then stuck her tongue out at Ryan playfully.

------------------

After training, Willow and Ryan went to the den together to hang out.

"I can't wait for our next mission!" Ryan said excitedly.

"I can tell." Willow grinned, "Maybe we'll get another one soon."

"It was so cool seeing us on tv...and you! You looked so-" Ryan stopped himself and began blushing.

"I looked so what?" Willow asked teasingly.

"Beautiful..." Ryan blushed some more and looked down.

"Awwww." Willow smiled, looking away, "Thank you." She looked at the clock in the room and made a face, "I never had breakfast...I'm going to the rec room. Wanna come?"