Chapter 13

"Rico...um, this isn't what it looks like." Aaron backed away slowly, hiding Willow behind him.

"I let you back into my home and this is how you repay me? By stealing from me?" Rico looked like he couldn't believe the words he was saying, "I trusted you Aary...you should have known better than to double cross me." He pointed the gun towards Aaron hesitantly.

"Rico, come on. Don't be like this..." Aaron tried to reason with him, "I'm trying to protect you!"

Rico looked at him for a long moment and then sighed, "Goodbye Aaron." He said darkly and pulled the trigger.

Aaron dodged out of the way and the shot fired into the wall behind him. He grabbed Willow's hand and ran the other way down the hall. Rico fired the gun again, missing by only an inch.

"What do we do?" Willow glanced back at Rico while they ran.

"There's an emergency exit this way. I've still got this under control." Aaron pushed the box into Willow's free hand and ignited his hand. He threw a fireball back at Rico, making him stumble a little. He seemed taken aback by Aaron's power.

"Good idea!" Willow gasped. She focused hard and used her invisibility to make them both invisible, but it only lasted a moment. She wasn't trained enough to make them both invisible.

"Well that was worth a shot." Aaron shrugged, throwing another fireball behind them. He broke a keypad to a door and slipped inside. He used his fire power to melt the door closed.

"AARON!!" A very angry Rico screamed from the other side of the door.

"This way!" Aaron directed, running with Willow down the hall and through another door. They soon got to the exit and kept running into the woods.

"When will we be in the clear?" Willow asked.

"Don't ask questions, just keep running!" Aaron exclaimed.

That's when a noise sounded from behind them. Aaron looked up to see a football shaped item being launched into the sky. His eyes widened, grabbing Willow's hand again and he ran even faster.

"What's going on? What is that?" Willow questioned fearfully.

"Something bad." Aaron replied vaguely and kept running. The thing that had been launched into the air began to fall out of the sky and once it hit the ground it exploded massively, causing trees, bushes and grass to catch on fire.

"Aaron!" Willow shrieked and clutched his hand.

"Stay close!" Aaron yelled. He ran through the woods that was lit up in orange flame. It was beginning to surround them completely and Willow began coughing uncontrollably. She tripped over a rock, falling to the ground.

"Ungh, my ankle!" She groaned through coughs.

Aaron knelt down and scooped her up, "Don't let go of the box." He told her and began running through the woods with Willow in his arms. He got to the place where the copter had been, only to find that it had disappeared. Demenshia must have used auto pilot to bring the copter back to him, "Great..." Aaron muttered and then kept going through the woods.

"Aaron...you need to...put this fire out." Willow spoke in a raspy voice.

"There's too much for me to handle." Aaron replied.

"You need to try." Willow looked at Aaron with a pleading look.

"Ok..." Aaron sighed. He put Willow down against a boulder and examined the fire around them both. He took in a deep breath of the fire and closed his eyes, trying to concentrate. Suddenly he got punched in the jaw by someone in the fire. He was knocked back in surprise.