Chapter 21

General Wallows tightened his lips and glared at Demenshia, "You lost the privilege of calling me that when you turned on me." It was true, the General and Demenshia were biological brothers. They had been close since childhood until Demenshia went insane with power. He was out of control and General Wallows tried to stop it from happening but to no avail. Demenshia had gone off the grid and began plotting to take over the N.R.A. and then the world.

"You're the one who turned on ME!" Demenshia hissed angrily. He moved closer to his brother with an angry face.

"I tried to help you...but you wouldn't listen!" General Wallows yelled.

"Well you never listened to me! All my brilliant ideas, all my plans! I'm a genius!" Demenshia snarled back.

"A genius...really? Is that what Marsha thought too?" The General shot back with a bitter frown.

Demenshia looked shocked for a moment and then he ran at the General with pure rage. He knocked the riffle from General Wallows' hands and then pinned him against the wall, "Don't. Talk. About. Her." He spoke through clenched teeth.

"You're a monster. And you proved that by killing her!" General Wallows snapped.

"I loved her." Demenshia trembled with rage and then let go of General Wallows. He began to walk around the room slowly.

"Steve was one of my best friends... And you ruined his life, you ruined my life...everyone you come into contact with becomes miserable because all you do is ruin!" The General kept his gaze fixed on Demenshia.

"Your point?" Demenshia growled.

"It doesn't have to be this way." General Wallows replied. Demenshia whipped around, giving his brother an odd look, "You can change, be better than you are now." The General spoke calmly holding out his hand cautiously.

Demenshia stared at the General's hand and then looked away, "I'm not capable of change. You of all people should know that."

"Either way I'm going to have to take you in." General Wallows returned his hand to his side.

"Take me in?" Demenshia echoed.

"To the police." General Wallows elaborated.

"Oh, no...you won't get the chance." Demenshia chuckled now and revealed a sharp and scary looking knife from inside his black jacket. He touched the tip of the blade gently, "I'll tell you what's going to happen. Ed is going to finish off your pathetic, rag tag team of naturals and in the meantime I'm afraid I'm going to have to take your life."

"That's what it's come to now?" General Wallows asked stiffly.

"You really shouldn't have turned on me brother. This is the last thing I want to do." Demenshia turned and lunged forward, about to stab the General but he dodged the aim of the blade and grabbed Demenshia in a choke hold. He managed to knock the knife out of his hand and then pulled out a taser gun from his holster.

"And this is the last thing I want to do." He said softly and then thrust the taser into Demenshia's neck. He immediately dropped to the floor, unconscious, "I'm sorry." General Wallows spoke genuinely and then took out his phone to call in the police. Once he had gotten through to them and told them his location and what was happening he grabbed his riffle and then handcuffed Demenshia to the door handle. The General glanced back at the family photo one last time. They had been such a happy family. He then looked at his brother, still lying there unconscious. If only he could have gone back in time. Maybe then things would be different. General Wallows sighed and shook his head, knowing that wishing he could change the past was a waste of time. He then ran out of the room quickly to where the team was still fighting with Ed.