Chapter 20

Willow woke up with a start. She knew instantly where she was. Back in Demenshia's creepy lair. But this time she wasn't strapped to a chair or trapped in a cage. She was instead laying on the floor in a dark room, the walls and floor were black and nothing seemed to be in this room. Willow spotted the faint outline of a door and gasped. She ran over to the door and pulled on the handle but it was locked. She looked around frantically and found another door. She tried that one but it was locked as well.

Someone began opening the first door and Willow dropped to the floor instinctively. The person opened the door slowly and walked in quietly, "Willow, I know you're in here darling." Demenshia's eerie voice rang out through the room.

Willow glared at the dark outline of Demenshia's body and stood up, "I'm not afraid of you Demenshia."

"Yes you are."

"Well afraid or not I'm still going to kill you."

"Why would you want to do that?" Demenshia spoke innocently.

Willow remained quiet and still. She wasn't going to give Demenshia the satisfaction of an answer.

"I know who you are. I'm surprised I didn't see it sooner." Demenshia walked a little closer, examining Willow's face and smiled, "You're just like Marsha...beautiful, perfect Marsha."

"Don't you dare talk about my mother!" Willow exclaimed.

"I loved your mother." Demenshia spoke seriously.

"You KILLED her!" Willow spat furiously, tightening her fists.

"She refused my love. If I couldn't have her then no one could." Demenshia spoke tensely now, "That's just how love works."

"You're insane." Willow snapped.

Demenshia was quiet for a moment and then went further, "Did you know how it felt? To kill her?" Demenshia began walking toward Willow slowly as he spoke, "I pulled her body from the car crash, her warm precious body. I held her neck in my hands, my cold, murderous hands and I chocked the life out of her."

"Stop." Willow begged, her voice trembling. She could feel her whole body begin to shake.

"I watched as the life...drained from her eyes and then I stayed with her until her body was as cold as my hands." Demenshia kept his gaze on Willow, "And do you know what your father did when he came to and found her dead?"

"Stop!" Willow screamed through sobs.

"HE RAN AWAY!" Demenshia screeched, "He didn't love her like I did. He never could!"

Willow shivered in fear, crying soundlessly.

Demenshia watched her cry, tilting his head to the side, "Do not cry my daughter. Join with me and we will destroy the other naturals."

"You are NOT my father!" Willow shouted, "And I would rather die than help you."

Demenshia narrowed his eyes now, "It's a good thing your mother is dead...what a disappointment you would have been to her."

The words sunk in and Willow shook with anger, "SHUT UP!" She screamed and punched Demenshia right in the face. She went to strike him again but he kicked her to the side, knocking the air out of her lungs.

Demenshia stood silent for a moment, looming over Willow. Then a dark look crossed over his face, "I extend you mercy and that's how you treat it?" He began walking out of the room, "So be it." He slammed the door behind him.

Willow slowly stood up again but then slid back down to the ground. She took in everything that Demenshia had said and new tears began to fall down her cheeks. She knew why her father had to leave her mother. She knew it was because he had no choice but to run. Demenshia was completely insane and so was Willow for thinking she could take Demenshia down herself. She closed her eyes and tried to remember what her mother looked like. A old memory of her mother came into her mind. She had beautiful wavy dark hair and a loving smile. There was so much kindness in her brown eyes, the kind every mother has when they love their child. Her mother often wore old fashioned clothes, Willow remembered her mother saying that it was like revisiting the past. Willow's memory continued further: