Chapter 4- Lazy Day

Previous chapter:

"Suzy, your phone has been ringing for the past five minutes...Aren't you going to answer it???", my mom pats my shoulder, shaking me off of my daydreaming. I glance at my phone to see three missed calls from Klay. This should be good...

CONTINUED:

I called him back as soon as I went back to my room. "Hey, Klay, what's up?", I hear him sigh on the other side. "Why do you never answer your phone right away like you used to? Is something wrong ?", I scoff at this and imagine him rolling his eyes waiting for a response. "No, I'm just stressed with school is all, don't be annoying now. I don't bother you if you don't answer the phone", I snap back at him, already annoyed. "Alright, alright. Calm down. I was only curious, you know I get worried about you easily. So about game 1, you suuuure you can't come? Not even for that night, and fly back?".

It's obvious he wanted me to go, and I wanted so badly to just ruin the surprise. Amazingly, the guys haven't told him yet, since they usually can't keep a secret..., especially Dray. He never shuts up when it comes to keeping a secret. "No, I can't. You know I wish I could Klay, more than ANYTHING. I wanna see you all go hard, and take that championship back. You KNOW I do", I look in the mirror pouting. I HATE LYING. I'm the worst at it in person, so I'm only hoping it's working right now. 

"I get it. I'm sorry for pushing you to come... I just need my little sister there to cheer me on", now that makes me want to cry. He knows how to make me feel guilty without even realizing he's doing it. Before I can reply, he cuts me off; "I gotta go, having dinner with Mychel & some other people. Talk to you soon", and then the line goes dead. Yeah, he's mad. Great. I plug my phone into the charger, before throwing myself onto my bed and falling asleep.

The next morning I woke up in a bad mood and picked up my phone as soon as I sat up. Seeing a bunch of texts from Kev, Mychel, and some others, but couldn't be bothered to check to see what was said. I was blaming Klay for putting me in a horrible mood, and it wasn't even his fault. I felt guilty for not telling him I was heading to Oakland soon. It was Sunday which meant I had another day to get stuff together before focusing back on school before my flight Wednesday night.

At this point, I wasn't even excited to go. Almost refused to finish packing and give an excuse to Steph as to why I can't go. Although, it was too late to back out of it now. A ticket was purchased and plans had been made. It wouldn't be fair to cancel them now. I got dressed and ready for the day before helping my sister walk the dogs. I ended up taking a photo of them, and posting it to Instagram with a caption:

lovely day for a little relaxation with the pups

I had a couple of thousand of followers due to the team tagging me in posts over the months

I had a couple of thousand of followers due to the team tagging me in posts over the months. Soon enough, I get a ton of likes and comments. I start scrolling and recognize some usernames. People wanted to know who I was to them, and more. Not like I cared anymore. The last person I befriended on Instagram ended up using me for a ticket to a home game and tried to be a little too friendly with some of the team. That didn't go over too well, and I was told not to bring any more people unless it was family to the games. Which was honestly better than being banned alongside that girl. Seth even gave me a whole 2-hour lecture after he found out what happened about trusting the wrong people. Which to say the least, was not fun..