Chapter 15 - Results & Flashbacks

Monday Afternoon

The day of Suzy's final

Suzy's POV

I had just finished my final and said goodbye to a few people when I decided to call Steph

I had just finished my final and said goodbye to a few people when I decided to call Steph. He had told me on Sunday night, when the Thompson brothers and I went for a Barbecue, that he wanted to know my results. I had been stressing so bad all Sunday, and Monday morning over this, that people were worried about me.

"Hello?", I glance at my phone to check the time in case I had woken him up. "Hey, it's Suzy!", I hear something moving in the background of the noise. "Oh, my bad! I was resting on the couch with Ayesha. What's up? You finished the test ?", I groan in annoyance. He really couldn't wait to ask? "Yessss", I hear him chuckle. "Alright. You are on the speaker. Tell us how it went". I roll my eyes, even though they can't see me, and sigh, "well it was ok. The multiple-choice wasn't too bad. He put questions that we never learned! I think I guess correctly though-", I hear Ayesha laugh at my explanation. "Annnnnnd?", I clear my throat.

 "I did amazing in the short answer section..I won't know the actual results until 2 more hours because he has to finish grading them", I hear a bunch of cheers on the other end of the line. I chuckle to myself and start smiling. "You did it, girl! Look at you getting an education!!! We are so proud of you", Ayesha says after the cheers died down. "Thank you! Also, thanks for not being annoyed at me studying at the cookout. I really needed that extra study time", I hear Steph laugh at me. "Of course! It was funny as hell to see Draymond and Javale try to help you. That was the best thing", I smile as I remember it. It was pretty funny!

*flashback*

"Hey, can somebody help me study???", I yell at all the guys huddled around the grill. A couple of them turn around, "for what?! We at a cookout! We gonna eat real good, and celebrate!", I roll my eyes. "Yeah... well, I have a final on Monday morning as soon as I land ... So, there's no fun time for me!", I give a look to Dray who was the person who replied back to me. He rolls his eyes, and stomps over, "let me see these damn flash cards. I'll help. Ok... what's the flow of the blood circulation?". Before I can even respond, he starts getting mad at the answers on the back. "What the fuck is a vena cava? Tricuspid valve ?? What kind of shit are you studying?? Got me fucked up!", I burst out laughing, having to hold myself to the table before I'd fall over. Everyone else joins me and stares at Dray with crazy looks. "Dra-y... hahaha", I couldn't even talk at this point. Javale walks over with a curious look in his eyes. "Gimme that shit", he snatches the index cards from Dray and looks them over. "Alright, where's the blood go after the right ventricle?", he seems to take this seriously, so I answer. "Ok, that's the right -", I try to move my hand to where the blood would be on my body. "Ventricle, so it would go to the... tricuspid valve!". He nods, and turns to the next card. "What's the difference between negative and positive feedback?", it goes on like this for 20 minutes, and occasionally some guys would come over to help give hints or watch me answer. If I got it right, they would cheer. If wrong, they would talk shit to me, and try to get me mad. Meanwhile, Steph was manning the grill, looking at us with a big ass smile.