Chapter 49- New Season is Approaching

Hey everyone!!! HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER.

I fell asleep wayy too early and forgot to upload this lol.

SORRY!!!

Suzy had been dragged to media day. Steph wanted her to formally meet the new players. Currently, she was standing beside Boogie Cousins. She didn't know what to say or how to act. He seemed like an asshole on the court, so she wasn't sure how he would be. 

Klay was being interviewed, and Suzy wanted him to hurry up.

She steals a glance at Boogie, and notice him looking down at her. "Uhhhh hi, I'm- ", he cuts her off before she can finish. "The famous Suzy...Dray was just telling me to watch out for you", he smirks at his words. "Of course he did...anyway, good to have you join the team..excited to see what you do for us", he nods before being called up next. 

Suzy tried to pay attention to his interview, but she got bored

Suzy tried to pay attention to his interview, but she got bored. All the guys would be doing something similar all day. 

The new center explained where his motivation comes from to get back on the court.

"The haters," Cousins said, "That's all I need. I feed off of it. I love it". Suzy laughs and rolls her eyes at his comment. The typical answer for him!  

She walks away, trying to find something fun to do. Media was everywhere, and the team was spread around this practice gym. 

She finds Klay talking with Ros, and gets excited

She finds Klay talking with Ros, and gets excited. She hadn't seen Ros all summer and was missing her favorite reporter. 

Klay was in the final year of his contract but apparently isn't curious about hitting the open market.

"When guys go into free agency, they're looking for situations like mine," he said. It's quiet for a few moments before he finishes his statement, "I'm content".

After his interview is done, Ros quickly runs over to the younger woman, "Suzy, girl! How was your summer?", she embraces her in a hug before speaking. "Goooood. Did you see my insta news? I'm gonna be one of those social media influencers now", Ros scolds her for not continuing the education route but wishes her luck. She goes away for a bit to interview Kerr, and Suzy sticks around to finish their conversation after she's done.