Chapter 14 - Just Another Day

HEY EVERYONE. As promised, here is the next chapter. I will try to do a weekly update as best I can! I wanted to wait a while to update, so the story could match what was actually happening after the finals... if that makes sense ! Now that the new season is coming, that means more things to write about. Now, PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK. No one ever does, and I need it !!!. Also, please vote !!! Thank you & enjoy the chapter!

P.s: this chapter includes a flashback, so you learn a little more about how Suzy and the Thompson brothers got close!!

Suzy's POV

(Next morning after game 5)

        Waking up today felt different. How? Well... I felt happy. Happy for myself, my friends, and everyone who was rooting for the Warriors. I usually wasn't this happy. The last time I was like this was the day after I had met the team back from MSG, in New York. This was a good thing. I smiled to myself, and got out of bed, listening to see if anyone was up yet. My door was open, and Rocco was sleeping next to my bed. Which meant that someone had already been up in the last few hours. I quietly exit the bedroom, so that Rocco stays asleep, and go towards the living room.

 As I get closer, I recognize that someone was snoring??? What the hell!? I peer over the couch, and I cover my mouth as I begin laughing. Laying on the couch, with their mouth wide open, and arms spread across, is none other than Draymond. I don't remember him even coming here last night ?? How'd he get in?

        It seems as though someone knew I would be up, and I hear the floorboards behind me creek

        It seems as though someone knew I would be up, and I hear the floorboards behind me creek. I turn around, expecting it to be a stranger, but it was just Mychel. "Are you kidding me??? Do you not know how to say 'hello' or something??? COME ON MYCHEL!", he chuckles at my words, and shrugs, "whaddup?", I roll my eyes at him. I grab his arm and drag him to the kitchen. "Why is Dray here?? Did you know he was here?", Mychel doesn't seem fazed by the news of Dray crashing on the couch and drags me into the kitchen. "About an hour after you went to bed, he came knocking on the door kinda drunk and tried to get Klay to go to a club. Then before Klay could even react, Dray just passed out on the couch. So we gave him a blanket, and we all went to sleep". 

That's hilarious!! I wish I would have seen it for myself. I chat with Mychel for a while before Trayce walks into the kitchen confused. He points to the living room, and I jump up excitedly, "yay! I'm not the only one who didn't know". They both laugh at my reaction, and we fill Trayce in on what happened. He looked nice today, as he was dressed in a pair of basketball shorts, dodgers tee, and dodgers hat. I look away before they catch me staring, and play on my phone. "Good to see all my children are up except the champion!", I chuckle at the 'all' part. I always forget that the Thompson parents consider me as their fourth child. Julie and her husband walk instill in their PJs, just like Mychel and I. I give them both a hug, and Julie begins to start breakfast. Since today isn't a game day, I decide to change up our usual breakfast routine. "Julie, do you mind if we make a bunch of food? Not just French toast like usual? I'll help!", she looks up in surprise and starts thinking. "I guess so. No need for tradition when the season is over huh?". I giggle, and we get to work on the breakfast menu.