3 •

\\ 20 july 2016 //

- 7/1-20 • -

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The sun would start setting any minute now, several hours after school had ended for today. Cady had been pleasantly surprised, her bad mood gone in an instant as she realized what Y/N had done. It didn't take long for her to offer her to tag along with her after school, offering to help her best friend learn their names.

She hadn't even expected Y/N to remember looking them up, she had already planned on how shed tease her friend for forgetting it. She'd even planned on what to show her, which songs and the best pictures she had saved of them. But look at this, she didn't even get a chance to do any of that!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2 hours.

It took Y/N 2 whole hours.

And that was only to somewhat learn the stage names. She still struggled a lot with putting the names to the right face and she had to think twice before remembering which one had that stage name or that real name. But hey, she was making progress!

Cady decided it was finally time for Y/N to see how much she actually had learned and told her that now, it was time for her first final test. she told Y/N that she'd get another 5 more minutes, then the test would begin. She picked out some more random photos, some she hoped Y/N hadn't seen yet only to make it a bit more challenging.

5 minutes pass quick. Y/N were to completely on her own be able to identify each member on the pictures Cady showed her. Stage names and real name included if they used one. The first few pics Cady shoed were pics she already knew Y/N had seen and would recognise, but only a few pics in she decided to make it more difficult. And it didn't take long before it became apparent that identifying them had become a lot more difficult now. 

"Cady please, can't you at least explain this to me?" Y/N asked as she looked at the picture Cady was showing her. "why is... Jimi,- no, that's not right.., it's not him... eh, this one wearing a kids ladybug costume? It's very distracting" she continued.

"some questions simply do not require an answer" Cady abruptly answered, only for Y/N to continue staring at her.

"could you tell me who it is?" she asked hoping Cady would've forgotten her rule by now. She didn't feel like guessing now, the test was far from being the main thing on her mind right now.

"oh yeah, it's V, you remember his name, right?" Cady said and looked down onto the computer in her lap after that.

"that's gotta be Taehyng then" she mumbled before swiping to the next picture saved on Cadys phone.

"well, this has to be J-hope" she said almost as soon as her eyes saw the face on the pic. Cady glanced up at the phone screen, immediately saying "nope, that's Jimin" before beginning to laugh.

"oh come on!" Y/N shouted, now clearly a bit agitated. "Why does this have to be so difficult?! I barely even remember everyone's real name, how and why would anyone expect me to be able to tell who's who?!" she continued, locking the phone before throwing it onto the bed. She felt Cadys eyes on her but ignored her friend. She already knew she'd overreacted but she couldn't care less at the moment. She really wanted to learn, she really wanted to be able to memorize them, she wished she could make Cady proud and happy, she really did.

But it seems that just isn't possible today.

"I'm giving up, for real, I'm not gonna improve no matter what we do, it's just not gonna happen today" she continued and began walking towards the door. Cady put her laptop aside now, finally realizing that Y/N actually was being pissed for real.

"you're actually leaving? Aren't you overreacting? You don't have to learn their faces, or their names for the matter, I didn't intend on forcing you, you would've been coming to that concert no matter what" she said and shot up after Y/n. "I'm sorry if I made you feel forced to like them, I don't care if you stan or not, I just want my best friend to come along with me" she continued as Y/N picked up her own bag, stuffing her phone down it.

"I'm not angry.., at you, it's just that .." she began and let out a sigh, that somewhat calming her down again.

"it's just that we have spent so long on this and I still can't get anything right, at least that's what it feels like to me, and I can't take a second more of this right now. The more I look at their faces, the more they appear to melt together into one, I can't distinguish any specific features of any one of them anymore, my minds totally fried"

she threw her bag over her shoulder.

"and I do want to give them a chance, not only because I know it'd make you happy, but because I might actually be ready to expand my k-pop interests a tiiiiny bit more" she added, now giving Cady a small smile.

"well then, you still want to come along then? You'll even maybe like it there, not only because of the fact it's a concert?" Cady asked and returned the smile.

"no way I'd miss out on that concert! But no promises about being able to learn their names or their faces in time" she laughed, turning back to the door once again.

"oi wait! Why are you still leaving? You don't have to already, it's only been a few hours, you could have dinner with us. Aunty is probably making chicken and I'm sure there's enough for one more person"

"aww don't tell me I'm gonna miss out on chicken" Y/N complained before adding, "but I've really got to cook some things I've already got laying around at home, it's going to spoil any day if I don't eat it and I can't be seen wasting food and money"

Cady seemed to understand but was quick to pick her computer back before turning it around to Y/N.

"before you go though" she began and nodded down to the screen.

"tell me who this iiiisssss~!" she sing-sang only to have Y/N roll her eyes at her.

But then she took another look, and her face lit up like a freaking Christmas tree.

"wait! This one is actually easy!" she said as she almost immediately recognized who it was.

"well now, if it is so easy then missy, why don't you tell me who it is?" Cady sassed and wiggled her computer at Y/N.

"don't even bother trying to attitude me young lady" she laughed before pointing at the screen.

"can't you she those $3 chains? Min Swaeg Suga" she smiled.

---___---___---___---

god I'm cringing. Old jokes that wasn't even funny 4 years ago, but really, this story wouldn't be what it is if I deleted them or pretended they never existed. So, they'll still be here, all in their cringy glory xD

here's the old note I used to have at the end of this chapter.

((if anyone is worried Cady will turn into a rival or become some antagonist, don't worry for she will not. But I'm not promising there won't be another person added that's gonna take that role >:) but rest assured, Cady is not going to backstab you/reader and go all evil, she's just there to be your bubbly easy-going friend throughout the story ^^ (and shes also kind-a the insert of my real life friend who wanted me to write this story) ))

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting, you're all too kind :D