4 •

\\ 20 july 2016 //

-- shorter chapter, notes at the bottom--

Y/N had made another visit to Cady and her aunt later that week as well. She made sure to again thank Cady's aunt, hoping she understood how grateful she was for lending her the money needed. She had gotten the same reply as last time, "oh you don't need to thank me, you helping out here again is more than enough thanks sweetie"

Cady's aunt was a very kind woman, one of the adults Y/N always had trusted and looked up to. And the café was a neat little place, cute and small and simply the perfect place to work some extra hours at. She looked forward to being able to help out again, and it would be a great excuse to hang out with them a bit more as well.

Receiving her new schedule, she scanned over it and noted she'd be working a little less than last summer. 4 days a week for a month and a half while her longest day wasn't longer than 4 hours. Hopefully that meant she would be able to find another job as well, maybe that was what Cady's aunt had thought of?

Stepping of the bus she at the second to last stop, she let her previous thoughts go. As she began walking home, she had to admit that her neighbourhood definitely was in the outskirts of (city). The apartments were a lot cheaper but hey, the neighbourhood was still very nice, and the commute didn't bother her either. It was the perfect spot to start her own independent life in.

It wasn't actually by her own choice, or at least not entirely. She only moved to support Cady, whos mother in only a few months had gone from a lively woman in her early 40's to a shell of the person she used to be. After the funeral, Cady was left with either moving to the other side of the country, or move to her aunt, who was her only relative living remotely close to where she and Y/N had grown up. 

Cady  had tried getting a second job, but juggling two jobs while at the same time studying proved to be too much of a task and she was eventually forced to face the fact, she finally had to make her choice. She suddenly quit both her jobs one day, telling Y/N hoping she wouldn't be too upset at her decision. She had been dreading telling her friend, spending days contemplating how things would go after she finally told her.

But in the end, Cady had been nervous for no real reason, when Y/N had heard which city Cady's aunt lived in, she had immediately cheered. Cady had to take a double take as Y/N began hyping up herself over the news, happily shouting something along the lines of "(city)?! Where (school) is? You know I've always wanted to get into (school)! Now I've got even more reasons to do so!"

It had been sunshine and rainbows all day for a few weeks. Cady confirmed that she would be moving, she visited her aunt and Y/N even got to tag along a few times to check the surrounding areas and her dream school out. The day came too soon, Cady moved and left Y/N in their own town to finish the last semester at their old school alone. It was only 2 more months, but still, it felt like 2 years without her best friend.

During that time, she had more than enough time to apply to (school), and she had also started imagining how it would be to move there and be able to live alone. But it wasn't before she got the letter, the one telling her she'd gotten accepted reality started setting in for real. The reality of actually moving away from her parents/guardians, the fact she herself would have to worry about being able to afford the rent and the bills, and the move itself.

Before this, she had barely thought a second about what would happen if all her plans actually were to happen, and now that things were following her hopes and plans, she was both ecstatic and terrified. But the worries she suddenly felt disappeared as fast as they'd appeared. Settling in only took a few weeks, new routines came naturally to her and the fact she could see Cady everyday again helped a lot.

Money hadn't been a problem in the beginning, but recently it had been a bit tight. It hadn't gotten to the point that she wasn't able to pay her bills, but rent had gotten a lot more expensive very suddenly making her a lot more nervous each time she'd see the numbers rise as the cashier scanned her food items.

"I really need to find a way to get another job as soon as schools done, or it'll be a really cheap summer this year" she sighed as she fished her keys out of her bag. "or maybe all I have to do is stop getting that coffee before school every dang morning... if only the shop wasn't placed so conveniently on my way there" she half joked, half sulked while closing the door behind her.

--

--

Hi! New update, finally! Im sorry for not updating, my work is keeping me busy but I will at least try to update biweekly. But if not, don't worry, I will eventually update :)

Anyways, im not entirely satisfied with this chapter. It is boring and nothing happens and i don't even know if anyone is interested in the characters backstory. Maybe I will scrap it? I will look into this again when I'm done re-writing I think.

I'm very grateful for everyone reading! Consider voting or commenting telling me what I can improve or to correct wrong grammar or such mistakes. I write in my free time so it's very nice to see you liking what I write! :D

 I write in my free time so it's very nice to see you liking what I write! :D