• Chapter 08 •

• Chapter 8 •

Luke

"Hey... Luke," says Anna.
"What um... are you doing here?" I ask.
"Came to see the next big band," she says.
"Really? Who?" jokes Michael.

Anna walks into the room. "Michael, you really haven't changed," she says.

"We'll um leave you guys alone," says Ashton, pushing the boys out of the room.

Once the door closes, I gesture Anna to sit on the lounge next to me. "You look good," I say, not knowing what to say.

"I'm not here for small talk Luke, I'm here to say I'm sorry," says Anna.

I notice what Anna looks like. She has the same beautiful dark brown eyes, tan skin, and long bright blonde hair. She looks just as stunning as I remember.

"For what?" I ask, annoyed.
"You know... for leaving."

Anna left me for some hotshot drummer of a band that isn't even together anymore. He claimed that he was going places, and Anna was welcome with him. She left me because 5SOS wasn't exactly 'going as fast' as the dude's band. I was heartbroken, yes, but I knew she'd be crawling back, just not when.

"I'm over it," I say, honestly.
"Luke, I want to start over. You know, between us."
I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry Anna, I can't."
"Why not? It's not like you're seeing anyone..." says Anna, "are you?"

I look down at the ground, not saying anything. I could be a dick and lie, or I could tell her the truth. But I rather stay quiet, giving her a feeling of suspense. Yes, go Luke.

"Well, if it doesn't work out, here's my number." Anna leaves a slip of paper on the coffee table and leaves.

Great.

Renn

"An old flame huh?" I ask, particularly to no one. I'm alone in my room because I've caught a cold and I can't leave or else I'll get everyone else sick.

Tomorrow is Granddad's funeral, and I'm determined to get better by then. My mum's family has been staying at our house, and will stay for a little longer. My cousins are fun to have around, but I wish I were with Jana or something.

I'm currently on Twitter, and see some fan accounts blow up with:

Luke and Anna are back together!? Ew!

Omg now Anna. Luke! :( she's not good for youuuu

You know, those things. I thought the 5SOS Fam didn't hate?

I don't really know why this bothers me so much, I could simply just ask Luke what happened, but I rather not. It's not like we're together anyway.

My phone rings, making me jump.

"Hello?" I answer.
"Hi Flora."
"Luke, hi. How are you?"
"Confused. You?"
"Bored. What time is it there?"
"2 am."
"You should be sleeping."
"You should shut up. I need your help."
"Shoot."
"My ex gave me her number after the show last night."
"Um ew?"
"Ha, yeah."

I feel like Luke doesn't really mean 'ew.'

"Do you still have feelings for her Hemmo?" I ask.
"What? No of course not, we're long over," he says.
"Oh... yeah sure."
"Luke, come on tell me the truth."
"...Okay she was really pretty..."
"Ew! Luke!"
"What?! She is- I gotta go. See you soon Flora."
"Okay, bye Lucas."

My name is called from downstairs. It's my mum, telling me someone is at the door for me. That's weird, I'm not expecting anyone. Even so, I run down the stairs to see who it is. I almost choke at who's at the door. This is not real... is it?