• Chapter 20 •

• Chapter 20 •

Renn

Yeah, I do want to be your girlfriend Luke Hemmings. Maybe I should've said that out loud.

I take Luke's hands and pull him toward me. He stumbles, but I connect our lips and let my hands find their way to his neck. When I let go, I giggle. Oh my God how embarrassing. "How's that for an answer?" I say.

"Hmm... actually I'm quite slow at processing things," says Luke. I roll my eyes and shove him playfully.

"If you really need to hear it, then yes. Yes Luke, I'd gladly be your girlfriend," I say. Luke laughs and sighs.

"Good, because I'm glad you are," he says. Luke kisses me once more, and then we head to the last part of the park. It's nearly sundown, and I'm freezing.

"Would you like to have dinner with me? Since you know, we're official now?" Luke asks.
"As long as you pay," I say.
"Oh thank God."

I laugh. Don't people want not to pay? "What do you mean by that?" I ask.

"I hate when girls are like 'oh I can't I have no money' and 'no don't pay, its a sexist thing,'" Luke says, imitating a horrible girl's voice.

"Oh, well I'm not, I'm broke," I say, laughing.
"Sure..." says Luke.

I can't help but smile. My cheeks hurt from doing so. This six-foot-something, blonde, blue eyed, talented, cute, funny and passionate boy is mine. All mine.

"Why are you smiling Flora?" asks Luke.
"Because my boyfriend makes me smile," I say.
"Hm? Your boyfriend? Little Miss Flora has a boyfriend? Whoever might it be?"
"That's something for me to know, and you to find out!"

Luke playfully gasps and holds my waist, tickling me. His cold hands lift my sweater and they touch my bare skin. I yelp in discomfort and run away but Luke keeps a firm hold onto me. "Your boyfriend should know you've got a little tattoo," says Luke.

"Oh he does," I say. Luke gasps again.

"You let your boyfriend see you naked?" he asks. My eyes shoot out of their sockets and he laughs as I shake my head.

"Well he talked to me, and he said he wants to," says Luke. I roll my eyes and push Luke away. "Don't even," I say.

"It was worth a shot," shrugs Luke. We make it to Luke's car and as usual, his hand stays on my thigh, the other on the wheel.

*****

During dinner, Luke and I tease each other and do all those things we did before. Then Luke clears his throat and takes in a deep breath.

"Remember a few days ago where you told me that your Grandam found a match?" asks Luke. I told him the day after I found out. My head nods and he clears his throat once again.

"Well um... I donated the blood," he says.
"You what?" I ask, did I hear him correctly?
"I... Dakota asked to donate blood with her. And so I donated blood. They told me that someone was in extreme need of it, so I told them I'd give it."

My heart literally just melted. Luke didn't even know who that person was, and gave them blood. That person was my Grandam, and she is the happiest person alive right now.

My hands cup my mouth and nose, I'm so overwhelmed.

"You don't know how much you've saved her from," I say, between wiping tears.

"Don't cry Baby," says Luke, reaching over the table and wiping my tears away.

When dinner is over, Luke drops me off at my apartment, a 40 minute drive from his house. I told him it would be alright if he crashed, but he said he was busy and needed to be home the next day.