• Chapter 10 •

• Chapter 10 •

Luke

"Why aren't you speaking to me?" I ask.
"I don't wish to," says Renn.

She's been ignoring me ever since I pretended to be her boyfriend at the shop.

*Flashback*

This guy can't be serious.

"Look, Dude, I don't appreciate you trying to make a move on my girlfriend," I say.
"Oh... um I'm sorry," says the guy.
"I think this is the part where you get lost," I say, wrapping an arm around Renn's waist.

Once the boy leaves the shop, and is out of sight, Renn tries to push me down. I chuckle at her. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Why'd you do that you jerk?!" she yell-whispers.
"I was protecting you," I shrug.
"From what exactly? He seemed like a nice guy."
"You don't understand-"
"No, I do. You're just a jerk. I'm not your little pet Luke, I don't need you to protect me."

Renn looks at me and tears start to come out, why do I have to be such an idiot?

"Renn I-" I try to hold her but she pushes me away.
"I'll see you back on the bus Luke," she says, running out of the shop.

*End*

I sit on Renn's bed, something she hates because she's mad at me and I play with her hair. Renn turns away from me. "Renn, please I'm sorry," I say, trying to pull her body toward me.

"No, Luke stop I don't want to be near you right now," she says.
"Baby girl, I'm sorry. What can I do?" I say.

"You can stop being such a jerk! Why would you tell that guy I was your girlfriend? What on Earth were you protecting me from?"
"Renn I don't know, it was just an instinct. I'm sorry."
"Sorry? You're sorry. Yeah, whatever. Do you see me getting mad every time I see you get another hotel room with a girl? Do you see me telling her that I'm your girlfriend?!"

I look down, I'm frozen. I've been playing around with a few girls because... well I'm bored.

"Renn you're just different okay? I don't want you getting hurt," I say.
"I'm different? Damn it Luke, you say you don't want me getting hurt. Do I have to remind you that you and Dakota have hurt me in ways that I could never ever heal?! You broke me, and you have the guts to say that you don't want me getting hurt!"

Renn jumps out of bed and storms out of her and my mum's room. I sit there, quiet. I don't know what's going on with me. I need a quick fix, anything... anyone.

I take out my phone and see the first girl's name I can find. I ring it. "Hey, it's Luke, I'll text you my address, meet me in 15," I say.

I run down to lobby to ask for an extension on the room that I've rented out. Here goes nothing.

*****

There's a knock at the door just as I've pushed whats-her-name on the bed. I've only got my black skinny jeans on, and she's nearly naked, her large shirt covering almost everything. Key word: almost.

"Just a second," I yell, walking over to the door. When I open it, I see Renn.

"Flora?"
"Hey Babe," she says. Well that was just the hottest thing ever.

"Babe?" asks whats-her-name.

Renn pushes the door more so she can walk in, and I stand there, defeated. This is really happening. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, your boyfriend, he called me and-"