Chapter 4

(John's POV)

Once we walked into the flat, we found Mrs. Hudson cooking. "Do you need any help?" Sherlock asked. 

"No thank you. I don't need fingers in the salad." Mrs. Hudson chuckled. I nodded and Sherlock stumbled slightly. 

"Are you okay?" I quickly asked, a little worried. I didn't want to lose him for real this time. He chuckled and just gestured towards the couch. I nodded again and quickly walked over to the couch.

He layed down and rested his head in my lap. "What's going on?" I asked. He looked up at me through his bangs and my stomach twisted in knots. 

"Just a little exhausted is all. I havent's slept very well for the past two years. Probably 10 hours a week at most." he said.

"That's not nothing. Why have you..."

"Because I was worried sick. I spent half of my time worrying about tracking down the damn hunters so that you wouldn't be killed when I came back. The other half of the time I spent squatting in the graveyard and worrying about you until my head hurt. If it hadn't been for Molly talking sense into me I would have showed myself long ago and you would have gotten killed for it."

I smiled slightly when he chuckled. I ran my fingers through his curly locks as his eyes drifted closed. He nestled in closer to me and I chuckled at how adorable he was when he was asleep. When he was awake, he was always thinking. He never seemed to stop but when he was asleep he didn't need to think... he probably still did but it didn't show like it did when he was awake.

I started nodding off myself when the front door opened and Lestrade and Molly walked in. Lestrade walked over to me and reached out to grab my back but jumped back when he noticed a sleeping Sherlock in my lap.

I put a finger to my lip and he nodded in understanding before backing away and helping Mrs. Hudson out in the kitchen. Molly sat in my armchair and she looked so tiny compared to it. I chuckled and Sherlock stirred, his eyes flittering open.

He stretched and pulled me down as he did so. He pressed his lips to mine. A smooth, slow kiss to show that something was there but we weren't in a hurry. Molly squealed and he smiled lightly againt my lips as Lestrade walked in, smiling widely.

"So I see that not only has Sherlock returned from the dead but he has feelings and is finally dating John. It's a miracle really. Who knew?" he chuckled and soon the whole flat was full of laughter.

"I have to ask... How did you do it?" Lestrade asked.

"Well... Greg?" Sherlock started and once Lestrade nodded he knew he had gotten it right. He would probably forget it soon anyway. "I had to make sure that when I called John he was standing in the right spot so the giant balloon thing that would catch me couldn't be seen."

"Giant balloon thing?" I asked trying to hold in a laugh.

"I don't care what it's called right now. Anyway. There was a body in the morgue that looked a lot like mine and John needed to see a body when he turned the corner. Time was of the essence  and everyone needed to hurry. So they got the balloon out of the way and Molly threw a fake body from a few floors up so that it would land on the ground. John saw the body and our biker hit him, knocking him down so that he couldn't see what was going on. I then ran and grabbed some supplies, taking the spot of the body as everyone dumped stuff on me. Placed a bal under my armpit so that if he squeezed har denough for the pulse he wouldn't get one. When John got up he rushed towards the crowed gathered around my body while the others took the body around the building like clockwork. It was convincing and he actually saw my body."