Chapter 18

Sherlock

I was so freakin bored. I have been in this bloody hospital for two days and I was so freakin bored.

I groaned loudly hoping to get John's attention. "John. I am so bored. Entertain me." I whined but there was no answer. I sighed, closing my eyes.
The door opened and I peered through my lashes and saw John standing there with a tray.

"Wait. You weren't even here?"

"Do you just carry on talking when I'm away?"

"Yeah. Pretty much." John started laughing an I joined I moments later. John put the trays on my bed so he wouldn't spill them, hunched over laughing.

A nurse walked in and giggled. "You two seem like you're having a moment. I'll come back." Then she turned to leave.

"No we're done." I said, chuckling. John wiped a few tears from his eyes.

"Okay then... Mr. Holmes you can leave when you're ready." She said before scurrying out. I jumped out of bed excitedly.

"Finally. It's about time." I shouted as I quickly ran around the room.

"Sherlock... your food.

"Forget about the food." John shrugged before handing me my clothes and waited for me to change. I quickly did so and tabbing his hand, ran out of the hospital as fast as I could.

God I hated hospitals. "Calm down there Sherlock." John says chuckling.

"No. I get to go home." I said excitedly. I hopped into the cab and told the cabbie the address to the flat. Mrs. Hudson walked out and smiled brightly.

She wrapped me in a hug. "I'm so glad you're home. Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine." I said pushing her away slightly. I loved her like she was my mother but I didn't want to hug her all the time.

"Okay, good." She said pulling away. I smiled slightly before I winced, my head turned to the side. She... She just slapped me. "Don't you ever do that again." She yelled.

"Normally I would think that seeing Sherlock getting slapped would be the funniest thing ever," I spun around to find Lestrade talking to John who was nodding slightly. "But I agree with her this time. Don't you ever do that again."

I chuckled and gestured for the two of them to follow me. "What are you boys going to be up to?"She asked.

"We'll probably play some games." John suggested.

"What... no. You know we never get through a whole game." I mumbled.

"Not a board game."

"What?"

"Mario Kart."

"We have Mario Karts?" I asked slightly surprised. I haven't played the game in forever.

"It's Mario Kart not Karts."

"Whatever." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. We spent all afternoon playing the game and I was growing aggravated. John. Kept. Winning.

I growled as he won again. "I was so close." I whined. He stuck his tongue out, a smile on his face.

"There's one more race in this set. Then Greg can play."

"Who the hell is Greg?" I asked confused and Lestrade raised his hand silently. I nodded and we started the last race.

I wasn't doing too hot. Baby Peach kept pushing me off the sides and I kept dying. I was getting aggravated. It was the second lap and I got pushed off again. I went from 2nd place to 12th in a matter of seconds.

"Ugh! This game is so unfair!" I shouted angrily. I hollered at the screen as John chuckled. "It's so stupid." I growled.

"Are the rules wrong?" Lestrade asked. I glared at Lestrade and John continues to chuckle.

"Yes." I growled before huffing defeatedly.

"But the no dashes thing... that rule is right?" John asked a little angry but trying to stifle his laughter. In the end he failed and we all started laughing. People were passing us but weren't too far ahead.

The door opens and I was vaguely aware of Mycroft entering the room. "I sense an inside joke." He said.] While John was distracted, I continues the game and crossed the finish line in first place.

"Yes!" I yelled throwing my controller onto the couch. John looked at me startled and I just smiled. "I won."

"Are the rules wrong now?" Lestrade asked.

I shook my head. "No. They are perfectly fine."

Mycroft pushes his way towards the couch and noticed that we were playing Mario Kart. "Move over. I wanna beat my brother."

"You're on." I growled. It's been long since either of us have played. There was no way I could lose.

Maple Treeway. Good. I was great at this map. My brother and I chose our karts and started the race. Within moments it was only him and I racing for first place.

"Come on Mycroft." Lestrade yelled. I looked at him curiously.

"I thought you were on my team."

"Umm..." Mycroft cleared his throat and I focused back on the game. It was close. We were neck and neck. Either one of us could win at this point.

We were right next to each other and I pulled ahead at the last second, beating my brother who sat there stunned.

"You just... you beat me."

"I did." I said, smiling.

"But you never beat me." He pouted.

"Well, I just did." He rolled his eyes before leaning back on the couch. "So what did you come here for?"

"Can't I just come by to say hi to my little brother?"

"No. You always have a reason for coming."

"It's true. I do. Lestrade told me he would be here all day and I got bored so I decided to come along as well."

"What about the British Government? Won't it all go to hell if you aren't working?"

"It'll be fine for a bit." Mycroft assured. I had a feeling it wasn't the only reason he was there but I wasn't going to press him for answers.

"Hello Mycroft. It's nice to see you again." Mrs. Hudson said cheerily, as she made her way up the stairs.

"You too Mrs. Hudson." He called and I rolled my eyes. Mycroft looked to be enjoying himself but why?

I eyed Lestrade and began to wonder if he had anything to do with it. "Stop staring at me Sherlock, you have a fiancé " Lestrade said chuckling.

Mycroft glared at me and I smirked. Oh... He had everything to do with it. This could be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my friend and I have this thing where we think she is like John and I'm Sherlock. So we were playing Mario Kart and I beat her. I did exactly what Sherlock had done in this chapter... a day after publishing it. I was so happy because she always BEATS ME.