Chapter 15

Mary

A ringing noise made it's way through the abandoned flat. I silently cursed myself as I hurriedly searched for my phone. I grabbed it and quickly turned the sound off, hoping no one heard it. I frowned, seeing the caller ID on the screen. Unknown.

"What do you want with me now?" I whispered under my breath. I unlocked the phone, pulling up the messages to see what they had said.

U: Meet me at the Wilson and Kyle factory and warehouse on Brentford High Street in half an hour.

Sighing, I slid on my black coat, poking my head out to make sure no one was near to spot me. After I shot John, it had become so much harder to get around London, but that was to be expected. When I was sure there was no one near me, I crept out of the building and made my way into the alley.

Closing my eyes, I mapped out the quickest route to Wilson and Kyle. It was only a few streets away. Wrapping my coat tighter around me, I sprinted off towards the factory. I never actually met the person behind the number and I was curious to find out what they looked like. Was it a male or a female?

The cold air bit at my nose and I coughed as I came to a halt, staring up at the creaky building in front of me. The windows were smashed and there was mold on the walls. Graffiti decorated the place and it was rather dark. Shivering, I checked around me once more to make sure I wasn't being followed before heading in through the door.

A loud creak resounded through the empty warehouse as I swung the door open, making me cringe. I stepped forward, the door slamming shut behind me and making me jump. "Don't worry sweetheart. He's not going to hurt you." the man said chuckling. I may not have met the person I was meeting but I most definitely have met this one. I never cared to learn his name but he was the best sniper I knew.

I scowled at him and cringed as he smiled widely, his yellow, crooked teeth making it look deranged. He put his hand in the small of my back and I growled, trying to get away but he shook his head and I tried to calm myself down. I did not want to screw this up. I may not have met this person but I knew that he had a reputation for changing his mind quickly. I did not want to get on his bad side.

The man led me through the warehouse to the darkest parts and I looked around nervously. Obviously this man did not want to be seen. I heard footsteps approaching and I tried not to shudder again. This was a bad idea. Why did I come here?

"Ah, Rosamund Mary." he said, silky voice rolling throughout the whole place. I kept my face impassive, wondering how he could possibly know my real name. No one knew my real name. "You're probably wondering how I knew your name..." he started and I frowned. Could he read my mind or something? "You hid very well. Not perfectly though, some people can read through your files and figure out easily that you had faked your death."

"I didn't need to fool everyone. I only needed to fool the ordinary people." I muttered.

"You needed to fool John." he said matter-of-factly. How could he possibly know that? "You wear your heart on your sleeve Ros..."

"My name is Mary now. Don't ever call me Rosamund again." I bit harshly. There was a growl behind me and I tensed up. Great. Now I've done it. This man was going to kill me because of my own stupidity.

"It's alright. No need to kill such a useful pawn." the man muttered and the yellow-toothed man took a step back, crossing his tattooed arms and leaning against a pillar. "Anyway... let's get down to business. The real reason you're here." he then paused and I waited patiently for what he had to say. I had a feeling he wouldn't particularly enjoy me interrupting him.

"John." I knew that's why we were here but it hadn't made me any less nervous. I truly felt bad hurting everyone John cared for but he needed to know the pain I felt. That's why I had agreed to help this person in the first place. "No more parents. No more therapist. Who should we kill next?" he said chuckling. My blood ran cold at the sound. "Perhaps his sister... Harriet?"

"Don't you think that's a bit far? Perhaps we should stay with people in London, easier access, more we can kill in short periods of time." I said coldly. He paused a moment, considering this. I wondered what he looked like. All I could see was a shadow of a figure about 5"8' and the tip of a shiny black dress shoe.

"What a wide range of people we could murder. Who next? His banker? Maybe Molly? Oooh, oooh, I know... let's kill Mike." he said happily. I nodded slowly, knowing he could see me and he chuckled darkly. "Mike it is then. That's it for now. Bye." he said his voice rising slightly in pitch on the last word. He spun on his heel and walked back the way he had come.

The man behind me gripped my shoulders tightly. I growled, wriggling out of his grasp, swiftly turning to face him "Don't touch me again or I will rip your throat out." I snarled before turning and stalking to the creaky door out front. I slammed the door open, being as loud as I possibly could and grinned when I heard the groan coming from the other side of the warehouse.

I stepped outside and sighed in relief. I got through the meeting. I actually lived through it. Smiling I sprinted off towards my flat, not believing my incredible luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry that this chapter was short. I also know it was kind of out of place but I felt it needed to be there. I think this turned out horribly so please give some feedback. If I made any mistakes, please let me know I will fix them. Thank you. -Captain