Chapter 19

John

Tapping and turning. That's all the could be heard throughout the room. Tapping and turning.

My eyes flickered to the bottom of my screen and I groaned. Only 200 words. I am never at such a loss when it comes to writing my blog.

Another page turning. "We should do something."

I looked up startled by the sudden noise. "Wh-what?" I groaned, watching him over my screen. He continued reading as if he hadn't said anything.

I sighed, shaking my head and looked at the screen again, trying to figure out what to say next. "We should do something. Maybe go somewhere." He sighed putting the book down.

"In the middle of a case?" I asked, shocked that he would step away from an unsolved case to go on vacation.

"Yeah. It's good to take a break once in a while."

"In the middle of a case?" I asked again. He nodded, causing me to frown. He sighed.

"I don't like how close this case is to you. You almost died and I don't think I could handle that so... I thought we'd go on vacation. Have some fun. You'll be safe too."

I chuckled, nodding. Of course we could go on vacation. "Where to?"

"Well there is this nice place. It's in the states but that wouldn't be too bad."

"The states? I sputtered. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah. Is something wrong with that? We could always go somewhere else." He said quickly.

I shook my head, chuckling. "No its fine. I just didn't expect to be going overseas is all."

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and I smiled widely. "Seriously. It's fine. Now how long are we going for?"

"A week."

"Ok. When do we leave?"

"Well I was hoping we could leave today..." he started, but seeing the look on my face, he quickly added, "but I wouldn't mind leaving whenever you want."

I started laughing. "It's fine if we leave now Sherlock. Let me just pack a bag " he nodded and plopped down on to the couch, waiting for me to return.

I looked around my room and packed a few clothes. I heard Sherlock talking downstairs and for some reason I stopped to listen, even though it wasn't any of my business.

"Yeah... well... Mycroft please." There was a moment of silence before he started speaking again. "Mycroft this is something I only ask about once. I know you want to pay for the wedding and honeymoon but..." he trailed off.

I made some noise so it didn't sound as though I was listening in on his conversation moments ago. I stilled when he started speaking again. "John and I aren't safe  right now. We won't spend all of your money... just a few thousand dollars.... I promise... goodbye brother." He huffed, hanging up.

A few thousand dollars? Where exactly were we going?

I heard footsteps and quickly began rummaging through my bathroom. "You're not done yet?"

"No... I can't find my shampoo." I muttered. I wasn't lying either. I hadn't been able to find my shampoo for a few days.

"I used the rest the other day. Sorry about that." He said, rubbing his neck again.

"It's fine. We'll just have to stop by the store before we go." He nodded and I chuckled shaking my head.

"What?"