one

I'm staring at the white wall feeling numb. Not because of the medicine thats been injected in me, but because of my life.

"How're you doing today?" The nurse asks. I glance up at her not being able to completely turn my neck.

"Just great." I said, sarcasm in my voice. "You'll feel better." She says with sympathy. I don't even bother to reply.

Instead, I keep staring at the wall. "Once we finish with this you can go home." She said with a smile.

I nodded my head as she walked outside. The room smells like hospital clean. It's sickening. It's making me feel so nauseous.

I'm tired of smelling this and being here all the time.

"Are you okay?" my mom asks walking in. "Sure." I reply keeping my eyes on the wall. "April-"

"Aj." I say interrupting her. "Okay, Aj. You have to be a little optimistic." She says softly sitting on the bed beside me.

"Optimistic? I'm glued to a bed. I should be out, partying, having fun, not here."

"You'll soon be able to do that again. After the surgery ... everything will be back to normal." She sounds so optimistic I almost want to believe her.

"Ah. You almost convinced me there." I say and she sighs grabbing my hand. This causes me to look at her.

"Everything will come out right. Okay?" She says. I nod my head slowly although it causes sharp pains on my neck.

After about ten or fifteen minutes later, the same nurse that was here while ago walks back in. "Looks like you're all done." She says with a smile.

She slowly removes the needle from my arm and puts a bandaid over it. "You need to come back tomorrow."

"Again?" I reply annoyed. "Unfortunately, yes. We still need some more blood work before the surgery. I'm sorry."

I sigh looking at my fingers. "Okay. What time is the appointment?" My mom asks speaking up.

"Four o'clock." She replies.

My mom grabs my forearm and helps me up from the bed. I can't stand for a long time because my legs don't want to work so well.

I'm weak.

I've been weak since that accident.

She helps me take a couple steps to the wheelchair and I almost collapse. It hurts to walk.

"You'll be able to use your legs like before." My mom whispers kissing my head. "Okay." I mumble quietly.

She helps me by pushing the wheelchair since I can't do excessive pushing. "Your dad is outside waiting for us."

We head to the elevator to the last floor. Once we're at the lobby she pushes me outside. "Darn. I forgot to bring my phone."

"I can wait here while you go get him." My mom looks at me unsure. "I can wait here." I repeat.

She still has a hesitate look on her face, but she nods. "Just be careful okay?" I almost roll my eyes.

What can I possible do in a wheelchair?

She rushes to the parking lot and I start counting how many clouds are in the sky.

Just as I'm concentrated counting something bumps into me making me move my neck too hard.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry." A husky voice mumbles. I look up and see a tall man quickly walk inside. He didn't even bother to check and see if I was okay.

He's wearing a black leather jacket, t shirt, jeans and boots. He looked pretty healthy. His eyes were glued to a phone screen.

It makes me wonder what's his problem and why is he here.

"Honey!" My mom screams as my dad and her pull up in front of me. She quickly gets out of the front seat and helps me get in the car.

After a million years I finally manage to get in the car. "How was it?" My dad asks looking at me through the mirror.

"Normal." I shrug uninterested. I look out the window and my eye catches the ground. There's something on the ground right by where I was.

The leather jacket dude must've dropped it.

>>>

hey guys! im back with another deanlee story. watcha think of this chapter? it might seem confusing now, but everything will make sense later. anywaysssss thank you for reading xoxo ;*